Devil's Dancefloor

Original Post
Carla R · · San Jose, CA · Joined Mar 2016 · Points: 110

Heard of it? Been there? I'm in the process of collecting beta to explore/climb there in the coming weeks and hoping there might be someone out there with topos and/or beta they could share. Feel free to pm or email me: carlaftw@gmail.com

Thanks!

*edited to add location.

Muscrat · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Oct 2011 · Points: 3,040

Might help to know where you think this is. You aren't talking about Devil's Kitchen?

Rude Boy · · San Francisco, CA · Joined Apr 2012 · Points: 615

search supertopo. I saw a thread on there once about it that had beta on climbs. 

Rude Boy wrote:

search supertopo. I saw a thread on there once about it that had beta on climbs. 

Haha, yeah that's pretty much all I have so far. I collated the images/sorted out the comments and saw routes listed with grades, but only have a good idea about where about 3-4 of them are. Some of the bolted routes seem slightly above my paygrade but maybe not for some of my buddies...so I guess I wonder if any of those could be set up with a toprope (but I doubt it)? 

I'm interested in the slab route(s) there also but have only seen mention of one with an X rating and not sure if that's on 10b or 5.7 terrain... guess I'll have to just go up there and find out!

Rude Boy · · San Francisco, CA · Joined Apr 2012 · Points: 615

you did your research. excellent. when you go take lots of pics then create the pages here on MP with all the beta.............so I can go there and find the climbs!

but seriously this has been on my list so post how good (or not good) it is. 

just bring an extra rope to use to extending/creating anchor at the top if you are not sure about anchors.

Rude Boy wrote:

you did your research. excellent. when you go take lots of pics then create the pages here on MP with all the beta.............so I can go there and find the climbs!

but seriously this has been on my list so post how good (or not good) it is. 

just bring an extra rope to use to extending/creating anchor at the top if you are not sure about anchors.

haha, we'll see about that! Wish I knew just a bit more about other routes/grades than those listed on supertopo but such is life! Should be a cool adventure.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply