FS - HB Flexi-Fix cam (about red Metolius size) CHEAP

FOR SALE/WANTED WARNING: Mountain Project cannot verify the identity or trustworthiness of any member. Fraud has happened.
  • Do not use PayPal "gift" payments, wire transfers, Western Union, etc.
  • Use PayPal credit card payments, or other systems that protect you from fraud.
Original Post
Gunkiemike · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2009 · Points: 1,865

No one racks HB cams any more, so this is likely just an extra piece to fill out your rack.  It's virtually equivalent to the (red) Metolius #4, size-wise.  Roughly between a BD .5 and .75, which is pretty useful.  Obviously bootied, but in 100% ready-to-go condition.  Lack of a HB label on the sling speaks to it having been re-slung, which is good, as the unit is probably >10 yr old.  One little known fact about the HB cams of that era: their cam stops are huge, and HB claimed that they were still good in their fully open position.  I can't verify that, but it is a bit of peace of mind.

A bargain at $15 (plus shipping).

Gunkiemike · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2009 · Points: 1,865

Any takers?  I'll split shipping.  So total cost for the cam, shipped anywhere in US48 is a mere $16.65

bus driver · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Aug 2009 · Points: 575

If it's still available, I'll take it. 

I have had some of these hand size cams on my rack for like 15 years and they still have nice action. They are a simple lightweight design with good British craftsmanship.  

The best part is how long the trigger wires are (at least on the hand sizes) and how lightweight they are. The sizing is the same as Friends but the stem and trigger wires are like an inch longer so they reach further placements and keeps the trigger out where it is easier to grab = Less bloody knuckles when cleaning them.

Bottom line. These are simple cams that reach farther into cracks (like HB quad cams too) and would be perfect as an alpine rack or to supplement a set of double axle cams. 

If anyone has these and wants to get rid of them

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply