The Climbing Zine Volume 10, The Raw Issue, is now out

Original Post
Luke Mehall · · Durango, Colorado · Joined May 2009 · Points: 1,750

Figured I'd throw this up here, usually have it posted on the News section, but that seems to have disappeared. Thanks for reading. 

The Climbing Zine has made it to double digits, if only by the skin on their fingertips. The once black and white punk rock style zine, elevated to magazine status years ago, but they never forgot their roots. Volume 10, the “raw” issue is a tribute to that.

We have “Patience” by the seminal master of prose and bouldering Chris Schulte, Fill The Void, a piece about overcoming an eating disorder and finding peace and self esteem through climbing by Shay Skinner, and a touching tribute to Royal Robbins by his daughter Tamara.

And don’t forget about the too soon poetry—a Zine trademark—plus the closing piece “In Search Of My Dirtbag Princess” by Albert Kim—is sure to have the ladies searching after Albert while he crushes the cracks of Indian Creek wearing silver sequence shorts….

Volume 10, the “Raw” issue of The Climbing Zine can be found at your local gear shop, bookstore, or climbing gym, at www.climbingzine.com, or on Kindle: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071RZGW17

Table of Contents

Introduction by Luke Mehall

As Long As Life Endures: A Climber Wedding by Sara Aranda

The Prince P by Cyrena Lee

Up (and over) the Pope’s Nose by Josh Smith

Fill The Void by Shay Skinner

Granite Trinity by Michelle Dedischew 

Reflections on Dad by Tamara Robbins 

Going It Alone by Vic Zeilman

Effort and Folly, Walking in the Sky: Wanderings on Mount Waddington by Drew Thayer

La Petite Grimpeuse for President by Joy Martin  

Tom Randall: Wide Boy, Small Ego, Big Heart by Luke Mehall

Patience by Chris Schulte 

My Golden Era by Elliot Natz 

Mountain Woman by Jack Larkin

Springtime Crazy by Georgie Abel 

A Love Letter to Climbing by Ana Ally

ISO My Dirtbag Princess by Albert Kim

###

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply