Lightweight tent

FOR SALE/WANTED WARNING: Mountain Project cannot verify the identity or trustworthiness of any member. Fraud has happened.
  • Do not use PayPal "gift" payments, wire transfers, Western Union, etc.
  • Use PayPal credit card payments, or other systems that protect you from fraud.
Original Post
Jennifer rau · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jan 2012 · Points: 5

Looking to upgrade my  backpacking tent .  I have a two person Marmot lime light  but want something ultralight if anyone is selling. 

Waffles · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2014 · Points: 0

I have a MSR Hubba Hubba NX 2p if you're interested - about 2lbs lighter than your Limelight.  There are two very small holes in the mesh that I have not yet repaired, but should be an easy fix/patch - or maybe MSR would warranty it.  There's also some very faint yellow spotting on the rainfly, but it's purely cosmetic.  Tent is otherwise in great condition and less than a year old.  Anyway, let me know if you're interested and I can send pics - not sure if it's ultralight enough for you, but you can also use just the fly and footprint to cut weight. 

Mark L · · New York, NY · Joined May 2017 · Points: 0

How old is the tent?  How many times has it been used?  Any leaks/holes/stains?  Footprint included?  How much are you asking?  Do you have any photos of it?  Need more info.

Kyle vH · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Oct 2006 · Points: 3

Check out zPacks--custom ultralight gear. 

Waffles · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2014 · Points: 0

Mark - are your questions for me or OP's Marmot tent?  As I stated in my first response, there are two very small tears in the mesh (largest maybe 1cm?), there is cosmetic faint yellow spots on the rainfly, and it's less than 1 year old.  Been out a handful of times.  I tend to default to my burlier Half Dome instead.  Footprint is included.  Would sell for 290 shipped?  Can post pics tomorrow if interested.

JackCrockett · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Aug 2013 · Points: 0

I did the Appalachian Trail with a Henry Shires TarpTent. Most of his models are <2lbs and pretty affordable. I highly recommend them if you are a trekking pole user. I had an early version of the ProTrail for around 200 bucks and about 21 oz.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply