Mountain Project Logo

Lightweight tent

FOR SALE/WANTED WARNING: Mountain Project cannot verify the identity or trustworthiness of any member. Fraud has happened.
  • Do not use PayPal "gift" payments, wire transfers, Western Union, etc.
  • Use PayPal credit card payments, or other systems that protect you from fraud.
Original Post — This topic is locked and closed to new replies
Jen R · · SoCal · Joined Jan 2012 · Points: 5

Looking to upgrade my  backpacking tent .  I have a two person Marmot lime light  but want something ultralight if anyone is selling. 

Waffles · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2014 · Points: 200

I have a MSR Hubba Hubba NX 2p if you're interested - about 2lbs lighter than your Limelight.  There are two very small holes in the mesh that I have not yet repaired, but should be an easy fix/patch - or maybe MSR would warranty it.  There's also some very faint yellow spotting on the rainfly, but it's purely cosmetic.  Tent is otherwise in great condition and less than a year old.  Anyway, let me know if you're interested and I can send pics - not sure if it's ultralight enough for you, but you can also use just the fly and footprint to cut weight. 

Mark L · · New York, NY · Joined May 2017 · Points: 0

How old is the tent?  How many times has it been used?  Any leaks/holes/stains?  Footprint included?  How much are you asking?  Do you have any photos of it?  Need more info.

Kyle vH · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Oct 2006 · Points: 16

Check out zPacks--custom ultralight gear. 

Waffles · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2014 · Points: 200

Mark - are your questions for me or OP's Marmot tent?  As I stated in my first response, there are two very small tears in the mesh (largest maybe 1cm?), there is cosmetic faint yellow spots on the rainfly, and it's less than 1 year old.  Been out a handful of times.  I tend to default to my burlier Half Dome instead.  Footprint is included.  Would sell for 290 shipped?  Can post pics tomorrow if interested.

Jack Crockett · · SLC · Joined Aug 2013 · Points: 16

I did the Appalachian Trail with a Henry Shires TarpTent. Most of his models are <2lbs and pretty affordable. I highly recommend them if you are a trekking pole user. I had an early version of the ProTrail for around 200 bucks and about 21 oz.

This topic is locked and closed to new replies.

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started