Need help!

Original Post
Molly Wicker · · Florida · Joined Jul 2016 · Points: 0

Hi Climbers, 

My family and I are visiting Colorado next week. We are going to spend our first day at Garden of the Gods. I am taking my brother on his first outdoor boulder adventure. He has only climbed a few time before. So I am hoping to get him some shoes before we leave FL. 

But.........

I was wondering if anyone could help me out with crash pads and or wants a bouldering partner? 

We are staying in La Veta, CO for the rest of the trip. So If anyone knows where a good bouldering spot is near there or where I can rent pads, please message me. 

RevAtom · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Mar 2015 · Points: 130

You can Boulder at the Snake Pit in G of the G. Let me know what day and I'll let you borrow my crash pad for a 6 pack of beer... as long as you promise not to steal it. It will make me sad. 

Molly Wicker · · Florida · Joined Jul 2016 · Points: 0
RevAtom wrote:

You can Boulder at the Snake Pit in G of the G. Let me know what day and I'll let you borrow my crash pad for a 6 pack of beer... as long as you promise not to steal it. It will make me sad. 

AWESOME!!!!! THANK You! 

I will send you a date later this week!

Arlo F Niederer · · Colorado Springs, CO · Joined Mar 2009 · Points: 460

A few other items to take note of:

1.  White chalk is prohibited at Garden of the Gods. If you scan through the forums you'll see a recent thread about the Garden staff raising this issue - the pictures of tons of chalk marks on boulders.

2. I don't boulder there so I don't know where you are headed.   There are areas closed this time of year for raptor nesting.   I believe there is a thread about the closures in effect now - or you can go to Garden of the Gods webpage to see what is closed.

3. A free permit is required to climb in the park. You can fill it out online and only takes 5 minutes.

I know people blow off the rules, but continued access and ability to climb there depends on climbers being good stewards of the areas where we climb. Areas get closed due to climber impacts - so follow the rules!

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply