Left a cam on P2 Last Will Be First

Original Post
Danny · · brooklyn, ny · Joined Sep 2015 · Points: 0

I commented on the route page as well, but just thought I'd spray this here as well. Just in case someone is planning on climbing Last Will Be First. 

My second was unable to retrieve my Black Diamond .75 x4 cam from the second pitch. It's in the long crack that runs through the roof of the second pitch.

If you are able to get it out, I would pay for shipping to send to me (in NYC) and would hugely appreciate it!! My phone number is 914-262-1930 if you get it out, call me - thank you so much in advance! 

sara pax · · western mass · Joined Jun 2013 · Points: 153

Just paying for shipping, eh? People need at least the promise of beer, don't you think?

Rob D. · · Brooklyn, NY · Joined May 2011 · Points: 30

Isn't the rappel line directly through that pitch?

Rob - no, the cam is twenty or thirty feet left of the rappel line. I tried to get there on the way down (OBVIOUSLY, jeez...), and but ended up swinging to the right. 

Jake wander · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Aug 2014 · Points: 5

i like that MP quickly removed the two funniest comments on this thread.

there are about 92 companies selling BD cams at a great price right now. may be much less hassle for you (and whoever bootied it) to just buy a new one. 

nathanael · · Riverside, CA · Joined May 2011 · Points: 204

Cmon Nick I was just expressing concern for his safety and wellbeing

Mike0110 · · Long Beach, CA · Joined Jan 2015 · Points: 0

I'm glad the admins are protecting me from the hurtful comments of others, thank you overlord.

Jake wander wrote:

there are about 92 companies selling BD cams at a great price right now. may be much less hassle for you (and whoever bootied it) to just buy a new one. 

Don't you worry the cam will be replaced. 

SethG · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Aug 2009 · Points: 207

I'm sure that cam was long gone within 12-18 hours of you leaving it there...

Rob D. · · Brooklyn, NY · Joined May 2011 · Points: 30

yeah I can't imagine a .75 on an easy gunks climb lasting more than a few hours. Even on less travelled climbs I would guess they're gone by the end of a weekend. 

Logan Schiff · · Brooklyn, NY · Joined Jun 2012 · Points: 45

I want to know who removed that red link cam just past/during the crux on Modern Times. Seemed like it was stuck for a good year or so.

Michael Schneider · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2014 · Points: 85
Logan Schiff wrote:

I want to know who removed that red link cam just past/during the crux on Modern Times. Seemed like it was stuck for a good year or so.

the bush now blocks, V2

Go do the direct, at least try the finish, past the bush to the right, a slot at the lip, 

two holes a foot higher, before the perfect horizontal.  

Then it climbs clean white rock, a streak thru the lichen to the top.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply