Looking for summer weekend climbing partners in Western NC (Linville gorge, Table Rock, open to anywhere)

Original Post
ErikaM · · Chapel Hill, NC · Joined Mar 2016 · Points: 0

I'm new to Hickory, NC for the summer, and looking for climbing partners for weekend or day trips in the area. I lead sport up to 5.10 and follow trad. Happy to belay on anything. Especially if you're a local and know what's around here send me a message!

Dare Hollaway · · Asheville, NC · Joined Apr 2017 · Points: 0

I climb about 3 times a week, bouldering and sport/trad. You are welcome to join. It is usually me and a female friend of mine who are climbing if that makes things more comfortable.

I am located in Asheville but we are usually travelling and meeting up at different places in WNC.

Alex Vanotti · · Durham, NC · Joined Jul 2010 · Points: 10

Hey, 

I'm also looking for climbing partners for WNC; I'm in the Raleigh area and I'm game to meet up for weekend or day trips. 

Let me know!  

-Alex (843-319-4267)

Nick Hitchcock · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Oct 2014 · Points: 35

Come check out hidden valley va. sandstone sport climbing!

Billy Danger · · Asheville, NC · Joined Mar 2005 · Points: 233

Hi All,

I'm looking for a partner for a day this weekend, preferably for Linville or Ship rock. I'm in Asheville, and have a plethora of gear. Send me a PM if you're interested. 

DanielJames · · Chicago · Joined Aug 2016 · Points: 95

Hey!

I'll be living in Knoxville and am more than happy to cross over state lines for weekend climbing.  I will be around mid-late August and September, I don't know if that counts as summer to you.  I have a respectable rack with doubles from BD 0.5 to the old #4s (in a mix of C4s, rigid friends, and old camalots) with a bonus old 4.5, tricams, a ton of hexes, and sets of nuts+offsets. and am especially keen for those moderate multipitches in NC, but will climb any style.  Feel free to PM me (that goes for anyone)

Nikki Jodry · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2017 · Points: 0
  • Hey! I'm in the Atlanta area but come up to NC frequently on weekends. I'd be down to climb sometime as well this summer! I'm a fairly new trad leader looking to increase my comfort in moderate routes, and willing to try pushing myself into some harder stuff on sport climbs.  

Nikki 213.400.4908

Travis Senor · · Mailing Address in NC · Joined Feb 2013 · Points: 60

Chiming in on this as well. I'm in the Raleigh area for the summer after a gig fell through out West and some stuff back home came up. Up for climbing out in Western NC and am very flexible at present on days and times. Full rack, rope, and car. I'm not leading super hard at present due to stretches of time off, but am a big proponent of multi-pitch fun and adventure. I'm also more than happy and willing to teach what I know. Shoot me a note if you're keen (or anyone on this thread is for that matter). 919-813-0751

Ariel Levy · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jun 2017 · Points: 0

Hey! I'm from the ATL area and always willing to head up to the WNC area. Would love to meet up and climb this summer! 713.582.9015

mtnsoceans · · Ivins, Utah · Joined Oct 2008 · Points: 140

Following the thread, I started climbing in NC in the early 70's, and revisit on occasion. I'm pretty familiar with most of the areas....I'll be there around June 18-28 or so...would enjoy getting together. Tom Kimbrell

CalServiss · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2016 · Points: 0

Just wanted to add to this thread. I'll be in the western NC area June 23-25 if anyone is interested in a climbing partner. Experienced sport climber and competent belayer!

Francesca Parratt · · England · Joined Jun 2017 · Points: 170

I'm going to be in North Carolina in September and will be looking for people to climb with. Competent second hoping to build up my lead trad. Also hoping for a mini trip to red river gorge whilst I'm there. Climb mostly sport otherwise.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply