Looking for a partner/mentor to climb in Yosemite

Original Post
Ted Theisinger · · Singapore, Singapore · Joined Aug 2016 · Points: 0

Will be there late June to late July, looking for someone to climb with.

I have some multipitch experience, little trad experience but I have a good rack to share.

Aiming to throw myself into the deep end, route goals can be discussed.

Lead 5.12c, boulder V5, hardest trad to date is 5.11a flash

Looking for a mentor, preferably with a car as I'll be travelling from overseas.

Ted Theisinger · · Singapore, Singapore · Joined Aug 2016 · Points: 0

Feel free to ask any questions you have!

Jacob Bretz · · Chicago, Illinois · Joined Mar 2017 · Points: 0

Hey Ted, I'll be in Yosemite around the same time. I lead high 5.10s/low 5.11s and boulder v4 (thought I know Yosemite is usually humbling). I've not done any trad climbing, but would love to. If you want to climb, let me know.

When are you getting to the park exactly? 

David Coley · · UK · Joined Oct 2013 · Points: 70

Ted,

I will be in the valley 13-22 June. I plan to solo el cap, but if this doesn't come off I would be very happy to partner up.

I've done a lot of multi pitch, but am old and weak and not climbing 5.12c

This is me: https://www.amazon.com/High-Advanced-Multi-Pitch-Climbing-ebook/dp/B00UJG9DH6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1496216102&sr=8-1&keywords=coley+high

If I'm partnerless I will put a note on the camp 4 notice board - or just email me your phone number.

Samuel Cruz · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jun 2017 · Points: 0

Hi Ted! I plan to be in Yosemite around the 20th and stay there until the beginning of July. I lead climb up to 12a on sport climbing. On trade climbing I have lead climb just to 10c. In Yosemite I am interested in doing trad climbing and have experience already doing multipitch climbing. I would really like to try el Capitan wall, there are some easy routes around the 10,s. If you want to plan some climbing together, just contact me.

Jens K. · · San Diego, CA · Joined May 2009 · Points: 185

I am looking for a partner for the Valley from June 12-19 for long routes and shenanigans on the walls. I'm a bit rusty with the trad skills these days but am in good climbing shape right now and have climbed El Cap before. Looking for partners that are quick at belay transitions, willing to cut some corners here and their, and not looking to stand in aiders all day.  instagram @jensklub

Dalton Johnson · · My Car · Joined May 2017 · Points: 283

All responders,

I'll be in The Valley June 3-6 with a single rack and ready to climb. I've completed a NOLS semester. Lead climb 5.10s comfortably and am breaking into the 11 scene. If you are looking to climb, reach out to me via text 5303209739 or im me on ig @seekshangrila2014

Dalton

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply