Skin Peeling Problems

Original Post
RobG814 · · Wilmington, NC · Joined Jan 2014 · Points: 335

Does anyone else's skin do this?

I climb and surf regularly so I'm not sure if the peeling is caused by soaking my hands in salt water after a weekend of climbing. It seems to happen every few weeks or so. The tough, outermost layer of skin starts to peel away like this for about 2 weeks or so until it's all gone and the fresh new skin is all that's left.

I just ordered some Climbon Balm to see if that might help. Maybe my skin is too dried out? Or maybe this is normal?

Water Monkey · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jan 2017 · Points: 5

I climb and surf as well.  I climb in Jtree on rough rock and as soon as I leave and get in the ocean my fingers do the exact same thing.  That's why all the dirtbags hold their hands up when they visit hot springs on off days.  Not sure of any tips on avoiding the peel.   

RobG814 · · Wilmington, NC · Joined Jan 2014 · Points: 335
Water Monkey wrote:

I climb and surf as well.  I climb in Jtree on rough rock and as soon as I leave and get in the ocean my fingers do the exact same thing.  That's why all the dirtbags hold their hands up when they visit hot springs on off days.  Not sure of any tips on avoiding the peel.   

Well at least I know I'm not the only one haha. I figured it had to do with the skin getting tough than soaking for long periods of time that causes the peel

ViperScale · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Dec 2013 · Points: 230
Water Monkey wrote:

You can fix the problem easy, stop climbing.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply