Mountain Project Logo

New to Truckee: Looking for partners that want to climb/train ALLOT

Original Post
maxsongia · · Lodi/sac/tahoe,YOS · Joined Aug 2016 · Points: 35

Hey whats up guys, I am new to the Truckee Tahoe area and I am looking to find a regular climbing partner that is keen to climb multiple days a week. I am relatively new to climbing but I have been climbing allot over the past year since I started, I have a long background of ski touring,wingsuit basejumping, and multi day high altitude treks so being in the mountains is nothing new to me. I am leading 5.8 trad/sport give or take a grade depending on location and can follow 10A/B. My goal by summers end would be to lead Valley 9's strong... I want to wall climb and that is what Im working towards. I work Fri-Mon 12-6 and I am game to climb either before or after work regularly, I have tues-wens-thurs off and I am free to travel to the valley or elsewhere. If your reading this and think we may be a good partner match but climb higher grades than myself Still message me, I am Stoked to climb with more experienced people and belay on higher grades. I have All my own gear... Double rack of BD ultralights, Ropes: 70m/60mx2, draws galore. 

KevinYoung · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Aug 2014 · Points: 0

Hi Max,

I am roughly your climbing level--I lead 5.7/8 trad depending on the route. I don't sport climb much but am game. Also, looking to get into Big Walls and would like to lead in the Valley in the 9s by the end of the season. For the time being I can climb most Tue, Wed and Thursdays up in North Tahoe or Yosemite. I also have a full rack with doubles, etc.

-Kevin

KevinYoung · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Aug 2014 · Points: 0

Forgot to mention I live in the SF East Bay :)

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply