FS: W's La Sportiva Trango S Evo GTX Boots, Size 39

FOR SALE/WANTED WARNING: Mountain Project cannot verify the identity or trustworthiness of any member. Fraud has happened.
  • Do not use PayPal "gift" payments, wire transfers, Western Union, etc.
  • Use PayPal credit card payments, or other systems that protect you from fraud.
Original Post
lupine · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2010 · Points: 0

La Sportiva Trango S Evo GTX W's Mountaineering Boots 39 - $100 obo. Used for a couple of seasons; have some knicks in the rubber on one toe, some delamination on one heel bail.

Eric MC · · Oakland, CA · Joined Feb 2016 · Points: 3

Sent you a PM regarding the 4.5

Maynard · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2012 · Points: 3

Thanks for the tip, Maynard. I was going off of ebay prices. * "obo" = or best offer *

Have lowered the prices a bit, but folks, feel free to make offers.

Updated: climbing gear sold; price drop on mountain boots!

Evelyn Ting · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jun 2017 · Points: 0
lupine wrote:

Updated: climbing gear sold; price drop on mountain boots!

Hi there Lupine, I'm interested in the mountain boots. I'm doing island peak this December. May I know if this pair is warm enough to do so?

lupine wrote:

La Sportiva Trango S Evo GTX W's Mountaineering Boots 39 - $100 obo. Used for a couple of seasons; have some knicks in the rubber on one toe, some delamination on one heel bail.

Hi Lupine, I'm interested in this pair. May I know how much you are selling and what is your best price? Could you send me a picture of the delamination too?

Hi Evelyn,

The price is $100 obo. I used these for my first season ice climbing in Montana, but they are not really meant to be a winter boot. Which Island Peak are you referring to? Here's the delam (doesn't affect usability of heel bail):

Hi Lupine!

Thank you for your reply. I'll be doing Island Peak in Kathmandu, Nepal this December. How did it fair for your hike the other time in Montana? I've checked that the temperature would be as low as -20 degrees. 

Hi, 

I have used them comfortably to about 18 degrees F, but cannot speak to much colder than that. They are a bit small on me so I could only wear a liner sock with them; with two socks they could probably be used for colder temps. I also found that wearing gaiters with them increased their warmth a lot. Here's a pretty good review about them: http://www.outdoorgearlab.com/reviews/climbing/mountaineering-boot-womens/la-sportiva-trango-s-evo-womens

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply