Mountain Project Logo

Eldorado canyon - saturday 27th ?

Original Post
Vladimir Kotal · · Unknown Hometown · Joined May 2017 · Points: 0

I am visting from Europe and have some unfinished business in Eldorado canyon from last year - we bailed out Rewritten and I'd really like to finish it. I have a rack of friends (9 pieces), basic set of stoppers, 4 alpine draws, extension slings, 7 draws, number of carabiners. No rope, though.

Jfriday1 · · Golden, CO · Joined Jun 2012 · Points: 40

Still looking for a partner for the 27th?

Jfriday1 wrote:

Still looking for a partner for the 27th?

Yep :-)

John Ryter · · Bozeman, MT · Joined Jul 2016 · Points: 6

I would be glad to join as well if possible. I have gear and a rope, though I might be a bit less experienced. 

Sorry didn't get back sooner, but weather isn't looking too promising this Sat.   Given the rain and lower temps.  But it could change.  I would only like to climb in a party of two though bc its a very popular route and wouldn't want to hold up the line.   I have been up it 4-5 times, My Cell is 414-617-5252

John if you are local and want to send me your number, I can always climb with you another time as well,  I don't mind taking less experienced people out but I usually only climb 5.7 to 5.9 range in eldo.  (But have done a few easier 10a's)

Thanks for getting back to me. It looks like it will be raining all day tommorrow. Oh well, hopefully next time !

Just to close the loop on this one: on Friday I got a message from Nick. Given we had both free afternoon, we met in Eldo and around 6 PM started the 1st Rewritten pitch. Given my slow leading of the 1st pitch (also I cheated by diverging a bit to Great Zot) Nick led the remaining pitches. The 4th crux pitch we climbed in nearly dark and we summited in 9:55 PM via the gulley next to Rebuffats arete by connecting 5th and 6th pitch into one. I was afraid that rain will hit us but we had great weather even when descending which is crucial given the terrain. The descent was much worse than the actual climb (at least to me). Withouth the cairns it could be pretty dangerous, so grateful to those who put them there. Anyhow, my dream come true. Thanks for the adventure, Nick !

Good to hear!

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Colorado Partners
Post a Reply to "Eldorado canyon - saturday 27th ?"