Visiting Moab (End of June)

Original Post
Carlo Dagondon · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jan 2017 · Points: 0

Hi all. Was wondering if anyone could give me some good spots to check out/climb in the area around the end of June. I'm aware that it's hot, chase shade, etc. etc. My girlfriend and I will be meeting up with her sister and her dude for a few days. Looking for easy/moderate single pitch sport, trad (low to vertical angle), hell, even TR. The girlfriend and I are still relatively new; boulder up to V3, we can work 5.9 and below no problem, 5.10 within a couple of tries (lead and TR) and I've done cracks 5.8 and below, our usual climbing grounds are the J Tree and Bishop area. Her sister and dude don't have any experience but want to experience. We would love to get a good, and I'm sure short due to weather, desert climbing experience. Especially if I can get at a nice desert splitter! Anywho....thanks!

Karl K · · Phoenix, AZ · Joined Nov 2006 · Points: 500

BIg Bend Boulders.  Ice Cream Parlor.  River Road Dihedrals.  Wall Street.

Brian BH · · Boston · Joined Mar 2016 · Points: 0

Climbed on Wall Street last weekend, was pretty good.  Same deal as you, the gf was rather new, but I can lead 5.10 and solid on anything below.  The area I went to was nice, a selection of 5.5 right next to 5.7, 7+, 9, 10a.  All sport. 

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply