Partners for climbing Slovania july

Original Post
Chris Parrish · · Unknown Hometown · Joined May 2017 · Points: 0

I am going to be in Slovania in july. I am still working on the dates I was hoping to do some sport climbing and some bouldering. Any one want to meet up or any suggestions? I hear there is a bunch around bled?

Steven Groetken · · Durango, CO · Joined Sep 2012 · Points: 390

I might be able to hook you up with some partners if you have Facebook messenger. Just message me your details. I've climbed in Preddvor and a bit in crna na koroskem (too far away from LJ and a small area to be worth your time, but a cool little town). There is also a bit of climbing along the trail in Iska Vintgar, which is an absolutely lovely place next to a mountainous creek. Just did an easy free solo there, but it seemed pretty quality.  It's almost all limestone sport out there and all the climbs I did were closely bolted and super fun. No real need for a guidebook either since everything was marked at the base of the climb with the climb's difficulty (French system) as long as you can find the cliff. I would suggest renting a car since the public transportation system isn't as extensive as the rest of Europe.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply