Mountain Project Logo

Roommate needed SLC

Original Post
sclair · · SLC, Ut · Joined Jan 2012 · Points: 30

Ok about this time last year I was looking for a roommate (and found one for the winter) but I missed some messages. So, let's try this again hopefully with better communication!

I need a roommate! I have an older dog, 12 y/o and 60 lbs, who doesn't always seem old so that's great. He does need to be the only pet living in the house. Well, birds might be ok. I go to school part time, squeeze in climbing, and work 2nd shift at BD, so I come home at 2:30 am Mondays through Thursdays. The furniture in the apartment is in a state of change, so the photos here show what is in the apartment but I'm trying to get rid of things (Anybody want the desk? if it comes apart I'm not sure it'll go back together again). I like climbing, hiking,biking, running, coffee, beer, wine, and whiskey. I'm in my early 30s and going to school for chemistry (undergrad at the moment, graduating in May '18) 

The apartment is near liberty park. The lease is over at the end of August, and I'm not sure if I want to find a cheaper place or stay here, but that's probably not important at the moment. The rent is $1000/month total, we pay gas/electric/internet. 

The room is in the basement- there's no closet but my past roommate just set everything up in the adjacent storage/basement area, which is also where the laundry is. My bedroom is upstairs, and you have to walk through the bathroom to get to it. So you can see it's a little funky just cause necessary things are adjacent to each room. But it wasn't a problem before. 

So yeah. Just looking for someone that is likeminded: I like to recycle. my last roommate did not. I like to cook , but rarely have time to do so anymore. I like to not use soap on my cast iron skillet. And yeah. So the kitchen has many things and is fairly well stocked. If you're interested but also have a lifetime's worth of stuff, that can all be figured out. 

Also I'm having some annoyances with uploading photos. Just ask if they aren't uploaded soon!

Sarah 610.585.3649.

Freedom6 · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Sep 2016 · Points: 20

Hi I am interested in taking a look at the apartment.  Is the $1,000 split between roommates?  I am an excellent cook.  Please call or text 915 307 1545, thanks!

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply