Anyone have a complete rack stolen In California?

Original Post
John S · · Unknown Hometown · Joined May 2017 · Points: 0

I just bought a complete rack at the Santa Cruz. Flea market for way to good a price .  I already have a full rack but thought I might be able to get it back to its original owner. It had to be stolen. It had some kids gear and shoes as part of it.  There were also some books for the Boulder Colorado area. If you can describe what you lost I'd love to get it back to you and reap a whole bunch of Karma points.  May save me from a poorly placed piece of pro sometime.

ClimberGirl SaldaƱa · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2014 · Points: 0

Hey John, 

I messaged you but unsure if you got it or not. We got every piece of climbing equipment stolen from us, which consisted of a lot of things.. Mammut Fenesse 70 meter, Rack of totems, double rack of c4's, tonf of 60 &120 mammut dyneema slings, camp photos on all the c4's, anges on the totems, nuts, Petzl ange draws, Yosemite free climb book, harnesses shoes. No kids gear but I mean my shoe size is around a 4 in mens and I'm an XS in harness, small helmet. This was over a year ago so I can't remember what harness and shoes I had in there but my partner had a pair of moccs size 8.5 and a red bd flight harness.  

Sirius · · Oakland, CA · Joined Nov 2003 · Points: 515

You kick ass, John S. 

Someone did this for me when my bike was stolen, and found me. Gave him a fat finder's fee and baked him two cakes - nowhere near the value of what he did for me. 

Still think of him as the Saint of Oakland. Love you, Ateem!

claty · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2012 · Points: 0

I had a full rack of doubles and some triples stolen a little over a year ago in SF --- my friend's car was broken into. None of the gear was marked, but it was doubles of BD c4s, singles of c3s, and about 4 or 5 mastercams up to #2 a 37.5 TC pro (right side only) and a 36.5 miura (left side only), and 12 alpine draws. I also lost a red Hilleberg tent, a termarest, and a sleeping bag. It was a bad day! I doubt my stuff made it all the way down to SoCal, but it's been a year so maybe it was on a grand adventure without me. I doubt the person who broke into my friend's car knew what they were taking -- I'm pretty sure they just took the largest duffle bag and was confused about all the heavy metal crap they ended up with. 

John S · · Unknown Hometown · Joined May 2017 · Points: 0

Hi Climber Girl and Claty.  I was hoping the descriptions matched.  The gear I got is more consistent with a dad with big feet with a kid under 7 and climbing guides to the Boulder Colorado area.  I'm sorry this doesn't sound like your gear.  John

claty · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2012 · Points: 0

oh well, thanks for being a standup guy and trying to reunite the gear with its owner! 

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply