Mountain Project Logo

New era M.P. 101

Original Post
Joe Garibay · · Ventura, Ca · Joined Apr 2014 · Points: 90

Ok, so I was chatting with the girlfriend about places we'd like to travel in the future. Chicago came up and like a good climber, I opened MP and clicked on Chicago. Bam! It's now downloaded on my phone. I don't really need it yet. No set plans. But can't seem to find a way to delete this state. 

A little help please?

FrankPS · · Atascadero, CA · Joined Nov 2009 · Points: 275
Joe Garibay wrote:

Ok, so I was chatting with the girlfriend about places we'd like to travel in the future. Chicago cme up and like a good climber, I opened MP and clicked on Chicago. Bam! It's now downloaded on my phone. I don't really need it yet. No set plans. But can't seem to find a way to delete this state. 

A little help please?

On the home page for the MP app on my Android, it says "Edit." Click that, then "Remove" (in red) will magically appear.

Nick Wilder · · The Bubble · Joined Jan 2005 · Points: 2,416

Click "Find More Areas" and then "Edit" on the top right of that page.

Ted Pinson · · Chicago, IL · Joined Jul 2014 · Points: 190

Hate to break it to you, but the answer is "nothing."  There are some great gyms, but if you want real rock, you'll need to either head 7 hours South (RRG) or 3 hours northwest to Wisconsin (Devil's Lake).

Thanks Nick! That's great! I really do appreciate all the work and patience while the bugs are being worked out. 

When new routes or areas are entered, do I need to uninstall the state and re-download?

"How do I keep up with current development in the areas of my interest?"

Nick Wilder · · The Bubble · Joined Jan 2005 · Points: 2,416

It will automatically sync new data every 2-3 weeks

Nick Wilder wrote:

It will automatically sync new data every 2-3 weeks

Bad ass!  

Ted Pinson · · Chicago, IL · Joined Jul 2014 · Points: 190

On the topic, is there any way to only download specific areas vs a whole state?  E.g Colorado, California, etc are very big and it's a little silly to download the whole place if you're only going to be in a specific area.

Steph Griffin · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jan 2014 · Points: 0

Ahh! When my iphone updated the app, all of my to-dos, ticks, stars, and notes are gone! What's that about?!

Steph Griffin wrote:

Ahh! When my iphone updated the app, all of my to-dos, ticks, stars, and notes are gone! What's that about?!

log out, delete app, reinstall app, log in

Worked for me on iOS. Hope this helps

Steph Griffin · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jan 2014 · Points: 0
Joe Garibay wrote:

log out, delete app, reinstall app, log in

Worked for me on iOS. Hope this helps

I tried to do that and it didn't work :( hmmmm...

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply