Specific Woody advice

Original Post
Squeak · · Perth West OZ · Joined Feb 2016 · Points: 18

Some advice please.

I'm going to build a little corner woody in my shed. as you can see in the pics the roof is pitched. Just wondering if anyone has some ideas on how best to set the header board for the 40 degree wall coming from the left of image up to the second rafter in.

I can fit a full 2.4m wide sheet on the side wall and this Angled wall will come up 2.6(ish)m to the second rafter.

The end wall will be vertical

Kyle sharp · · Reno, NV · Joined May 2016 · Points: 20
  1. By header board, I'm assuming that you're referring to the top plate? If so, then run 2x6 perpendicular to your rafters (sleepers) all the way from the low angle of your shed to the top angle of your shed, making sure to secure to all four of those rafters. I don't know how wide your wall is going to be, but I would run no less than 3 for a wall that will be 8 ft wide. From there, you can run your new top plate perpendicular to the sleepers that you set. Attach a bottom plate that is square to the top plate. Frame it. Sheathe it. Climb it
Squeak · · Perth West OZ · Joined Feb 2016 · Points: 18

OK, starting the build now. I have the joists sorted, and Im about to mark out the hole positions.

So next question (i did search), what's the recommended hole spacing pattern and distances?

Ive seen grid, random and offset (diagonal). Which is the preferred method for a systems board set up, and what are the hols spacing measurements??

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply