Bears Ears Public Comment Period

gs goodyear · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Feb 2016 · Points: 0

Your mind is already made up. And it is only your opinion on what state regulators would do. Oh and I like the view of drilling fields, similar to wind farms their beautiful too. 

Jaren Watson · · Boise, Idaho · Joined May 2010 · Points: 1,120
gs goodyear wrote:

We have no say in the rules that govern said federal lands. 

Um, are you a felon? If not, you might consider joining the democratic process and voting.

If the past twenty-something years of land politics in the Intermountain West hasn't provided literal mountains of evidence to persuade you of the perils of turning land over to the states, I highly doubt you'll be willing to change your mind based on a few forum comments.

By which I assume, you are a conservative so wedded to your party that you don't see the wisdom in public lands even though over three hundred million acres of public land exist precisely because it's federally managed, OR, you work for gas or mining company.

Bottom line: which is a better place to hike and climb, the east or the west? Easy answer, isn't it? If the significance of that escapes you, try this: east, mostly private and state owned. West, mostly public and federally owned. 

jason.cre · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Aug 2014 · Points: 0

Zinke is a fucking turd.  In the report he says a variety of views were expressed during public comments, but state and federal officials from Utah opposed the designations.

What he leaves out, is the fact 96% of the comments were opposed to changing the designation.  96%!!!!!!!!   The sad truth is that our comments make no difference whatsoever to this administration.

jason.cre · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Aug 2014 · Points: 0
gs goodyear wrote:

Your mind is already made up. And it is only your opinion on what state regulators would do. Oh and I like the view of drilling fields, similar to wind farms their beautiful too. 

Its not an opinion, its a fact.  Utah has sold off over half of its state lands.  And its congressional delegation CONTINUES in 2017  to push for federal lands to be sold to private developers in Utah.  It is not conjecture --- this is what is actually happening.

Roy Suggett · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2009 · Points: 6,225

The answer to the above question by gs goodyear is in part, this:  States vary in their desire and ability to protect important places.  Vermont...?...maybe, Utah, I do not think so.  A bigger umbrella with consistent and uniform policies not directly influenced by many private interests seems a better alternative here. 

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply