Mountain Project Logo

Europe June-Sept: Bohuslan, Ailefroide, Arco, Siurana, other

Original Post
richard aiken · · El Chorro Spain · Joined Nov 2008 · Points: 20

I live in El Chorro Spain and want to do some climbing trips if I can find partners. I am open to going to other areas, too, send a PM with ideas. Paklenica, Calanques. Margalef. 

Trad or sport. up to and including 5.10s/6a (once I am in shape).

I have rope and draws in Spain but my trad rack is in the US. 

edited to add destinations

Calder Phillips · · Oroville, CA · Joined Apr 2012 · Points: 121

Richard, I'm traveling solo with no car and will be in Mallorca until June 1st. Realistically I'm completely open the month of June and would really like climb anywhere the temps are good. I've got a sport rack but no rope or trad gear. I love to lead and am down to climb any grade so it sounds like we'd partner well! 

I'm using WhatsApp @ +18052794575, I'll receive mtn proj messages as well. 

- Calder 

cool. we should be able to meet somewhere. 

my phone in Spain is +34 627 100 581 (but it does not take messages) and I can't easily text from it but email and calls are fine

my email richardaiken at hotmail.com

marjan bohnec · · Slovenia · Joined Jun 2015 · Points: 15

Hi Richard,

I'm interested for climbing in Dolomites in July or begginig of August.

Heather. · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Aug 2016 · Points: 0

Hi Richard, I'm looking for climbing partners in Spain for June/start of July. I'm on the east coast now near Sella. It's sounds like our climbing level would be similar. I have a car but was not able to bring my rope and rack (I have all of my personal equipment though). Later on in the trip I'll be in several other areas- the Spanish Pyrenees, Ibiza, Formentera, and Andalucía. My Spanish number is 627 179 888. Let me know if you want to climb!

Marjan- I PM'ed you and will be in touch 

Heather- if you come to El Chorro, I can climb now or until it gets hot. I hope to climb elsewhere starting a few weeks from now. I'd like to climb in Margalef and Siurana and probably Monserrat and other areas in Spain when it is too hot in EC. You can call anytime and I'll PM you my email address

Patrick Leonard · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jan 2017 · Points: 0

Hi Richard,

I'm in Catalonia now and heading to Cornudella de montsant on 5th June and should be there until the end of June. I'm keen to climb Siurana, Margelef and some neighboring crags during my stay. I climb 5.10 to low 5.11 (6a to 6c) and have a 60m rope, set of draws and a car. My emphasis is on fun and safety :)

My email is pjs_leonard at hotmail.com, hit me up if you want to climb together and I'll send you my whatsapp number.

If anyone else reads this and is looking for a partner then please contact me!

Cheers,

Patrick.

hey Patrick

email sent!

mid- end June is quite possible

Orel Levy · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jun 2017 · Points: 0

Hey richard, i'll be in arco from 6/24 until 7/1 and looking for a partner.

Email me if you're still looking, levyorel6@gmail.com

Nikki Jodry · · Atlanta, GA · Joined Apr 2017 · Points: 0

Hi Richard! I'm in El Chorro this week; if you're around it sounds like we're at a similar level, I'd love to climb on your local crag a little. I have a rope and draws but left my trad rack in the states 

stev spooner · · Lander · Joined Nov 2015 · Points: 181

Hey Richard,

I'm looking to go sport climbing in Frankenjura, Germany. If you're willing to meet me there some time in July (I'm free the whole month), we can crush on some of the best sport climbing in the world.

Nikki-PM sent

give a call!

Stev-most routes there are too hard for me and sustained overhangs are my worst weakness (I have many weaknesses to choose from!) so unless I am in the area, probably not but thanks for asking

Julie M · · Franktown, CO · Joined Jun 2010 · Points: 45

Hey Richard,

I was thinking of going to Sicily the last two weeks (ish) of June. I've heard the weather is awesome and the climbing is great and was thinking of staying at the El Bahira camp area. Any chance you'd be up for a trip to Italy or is that too far away for you? 

If you're around during that time frame I'd consider meeting up in an area you're interested in climbing instead of Italy. Shoot me a PM when you can!

Hey Julie

Probably not Sicily. I met an American guy a few years ago who was living there. Maybe post for Sicily partners on a new thread

Feel free to ping the other posters on this thread for other destinations. Once I know where I will be mid-June, I will post here for everybody. 

Julie M · · Franktown, CO · Joined Jun 2010 · Points: 45

Thanks Richard - definitely keep me posted where you might end up being mid-June as I am flexible. 

hi all

I'll still be stuck in EC for at least a couple more weeks but if anyone wants to come here, I can climb in EC

Greg Littlehales · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2016 · Points: 0

Hi Richard,

I'm landing in Oslo on July 9th and will have a  car for 3 weeks.  Most interested in Setesdal, but could be convinced to go elsewhere.  Have to go to Gothenburg on july 18th (Bohuslan), then back to Norway on the 23rd.  Trad rack.  Meet in Oslo on July 9th, etc....?

best,greg

looks beautiful! Never been there. I just got an email and I probably won't be free until at least July 9. I'll update you ASAP

Susanne001 · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Oct 2015 · Points: 0

Hi Richard, (this thread is getting really long..!)

Im coming over to Spain (Granada) July 8th and will have about until July 20 to climb anywhere in Spain. Im flexible where's best for weather! Ill bring basic gear but no rope. Was thinking Rodella but open for anywhere else. Let me know if this would still work for you (or anyone else here who reads this)

Susanne

my threads usually do get really long because I stay for long times!

I'll surely be able to climb in El Chorro but it is likely to be hot. Today was gorgeous and 70s F. If temps are nice, I am less than 2 hours from Granada. 

I won't be able to go elsewhere until at least July 9 and maybe not even then. 

Your best temps will be in the northeast. Rodellar is too hard for me anyway. Siurana, Margalef, lots more in that area for you to try. I have never been able to find a partner for Siurana and only once for Margalef. PM me at the end of next week if you haven't found a partner. I have rope and draws

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Extended Trips and International Partners
Post a Reply to "Europe June-Sept: Bohuslan, Ailefroide, Arco, S…"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started