Your Chance To Stand Up For Bears Ears And Other National Monuments

Original Post
303scott · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Mar 2008 · Points: 180

The public comment period concerning potential modification and or elimination of national monument status for Bears Ears and about 20 other national monuments is open.  Please take a moment to submit a comment.  The Access Fund Bears Ears Form is a good place to start and has some information on the issue.  You can also go straight to the source and see a list of other monuments under review here.  It only takes a minute.

Scott

Keatan · · Bozeman, MT · Joined Apr 2011 · Points: 20

Just a heads up for anyone wanting to comment specifically on Bears Ears, the comment period is only 15 days long! Write your comments soon!

Hobo Greg · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Mar 2016 · Points: 110

I told em that while I know they will destroy this place and ignore the will of the people, they will have to answer as to why they destroyed what God created.

Bump

Tylerpratt · · Litchfield, Connecticut · Joined Feb 2016 · Points: 35
Hobo Greg wrote:

I told em that while I know they will destroy this place and ignore the will of the people, they will have to answer as to why they destroyed what God created.

That doesn't work because they just respond with "god wouldn't have put it there if he didn't want us to use it" but you're on the right track!

Another bump.  If you would prefer to submit through patagonia's tool, you can find it HERE

Nate Sydnor · · Moab · Joined Mar 2007 · Points: 485

Here's another tool via the Southern Utah Wilderness Alliance. As always, making your message personalized helps it to carry weight. Additionally, the more Utahans we get on board with this, the more we can make the case for "local" support. Cheers

I am very surprised and a little disheartened to see how little traction this is getting. With as many folks as I see climbing here in the desert region, I would expect for this post to be at the top of the forum list until the comment period is exhausted, and tens of thousands of letters should be being submitted. As much time as people spend on here, it seems like nothing to take a few extra minutes to do something in support of our National Monuments. 

PLEASE take the time to go through one of the links provided and submit your comment. Also, someone local here in Moab just noted that if you submit a form letter, it is grouped in with all others that are the same and considered a SINGLE letter. Please personalize your message. Although Zinke et al are making it terribly obvious which side of history they are on, it will be a good sign for the climbing community to see people participating and making it known that they are doing so. Again, PLEASE submit a personal comment, and say that you are doing so in this forum so others will be made aware. We've all been privileged for so long to not have to deal with much of this, but NOW is the time for us to start. 

Sam Spuds · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jan 2014 · Points: 65

Bump

Bump

Bump

Brandon Gottung · · Moab, UT · Joined Dec 2010 · Points: 1,451

Thanks Nate for promoting this. We need our voices to be heard! 

Matt Zia · · Bozeman, MT · Joined Mar 2012 · Points: 171

Bump back to the top.

Admins...can we (aka you) put a permanent link on the top of the site? This is something that shouldn't fall down the forum threads. 

Hi all, 

The comment period on Bears Ears closes THIS FRIDAY, May 26!

Bump

Brandon Gottung · · Moab, UT · Joined Dec 2010 · Points: 1,451

Make your voice heard - send a letter!

Nick Sweeney · · Spokane, WA · Joined Jun 2013 · Points: 650

Bump - I sent my comment.  Do your part!

Bump

Two days left...

1 day bump

Spending a lot of time on the computer today, so I'll be checking in. Not sure why I didn't see this move up to the top of the forum chain. Bump again...

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply