Mountain Project Logo

Climbing partner Arcata and klamath 5/16-5/19

Original Post
Logan Vilas · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2017 · Points: 0

Hey I'll be in the area, staying in Eureka for thw 16th and then klamath the 17-19th. I'm thinking of checking out the land of the lost on the 16th and some stuff on the north edge of redwoods NP one of the other days.

I'm pretty new to climbing with protection.  I've done a bit of bouldering, gym climbing, and been out a coupple of times on the rock. I'd like to try some stuff 5.7 to5.9ish. I'm still not really sure on what I can climb.

I'm pretty sure I have enough equipment to have fun and get the job done., single rack 0.5 to 3" camalots, nuts 5-11, a dozen quickdraws, runners, beaners, locking and standard. Helmet, harness, atc guide, 60m rope, gri gri, tubular webbing and some cordage.

My son's 13 and is pretty good. He showed off on a 5.11 in redrock a few weeks ago, but he doesn't weigh enough to belay me. 

I'm up for pretty much anything. If I can't make the climbs I'll have fun belaying for the knowledge.

Logan

Van Myers · · Morro bay · Joined Jan 2017 · Points: 5

I just moved up to the area and have been wanting to check out land of the lost myself.  Id be down to lead some routes in the 5.7-5.9 range and set up TR's.  My only partner up here lives a few hours south and is busy so I haven't been able to get anyone to climb with yet.   Right now the weather sucks and I'm not sure by the 16th it will be good enough to climb...still more rain forecast.  Either way get back to me 

Logan Vilas · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2017 · Points: 0

Ahh, I didn't think about the weather. I'm up for going and seeing if you don't think it'll be too bad. I'm not too worried, but I'm not up for climbing in the rain. I'm actually driving in from humbly redwoods in the morning.shoot me a msg. 985 300 4481, logan

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply