Wild Country Friends 2, 3 & 4 - Voluntary notice to inspect

Original Post
WadeM · · Golden, Co · Joined Apr 2010 · Points: 215

FYI

http://www.wildcountry.com/en/friends-voluntary-notice-to-inspect/

Check your cams!

How to identify the product:

The products affected by this recall are Friends 2, 3 & 4 manufactured in 2016 and purchased in 2016 & 2017, with the following batch codes (see pictures below);

• 01A0116 (No dot)
  • 01A0116. (I x dot)
  • 01A0116.. (2 x dot)
  • 01A0116… (3 x dot)

How to find the batch code:

The batch code is marked on the underside of one of the cam lobes closest to the stem; please refer to the picture below: 

How to inspect the product:

1) Holding the Friend in the normal fashion with thumb in loop and index finger and middle finger on trigger apply maximum pressure to retract the cam lobes to fully closed. Repeat this procedure several times as vigorously as possible (see illustration 1).

2) Holding the Friend vertically by the thumb loop, cam lobes down, strike the cam lobes vigorously once only on a hard wooden surface from a height of 15cm/6 Inches (see illustration 2). Repeat the procedure (1) to finish the inspection test.

3) If the Friend withstands this test and the cam lobes remain in place the assembly is sound and no further action is needed.

4) If the cam lobes become detached please return the Friend to Wild Country for replacement. See procedure below.

that guy named seb · · Britland · Joined Oct 2015 · Points: 0

Mine fell into this, I did the inspection and they appear to be fine, I think this recall only from a single cam i remember hearing about a few months ago.

WadeM · · Golden, Co · Joined Apr 2010 · Points: 215

Mine did too Seb and they were fine!

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply