The Narsha by Butora

Original Post
Nate Doyle · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Feb 2016 · Points: 10

New Butora climbing shoes -- The Narsha 

Wide & Narrow

$180? That has to be a record or something.

Ted Pinson · · Chicago, IL · Joined Jul 2014 · Points: 190

I forgot the Genius were that high. The Blancos are that expensive too? Crazy! Is that because they are the latest model? They look like almost every other 5.10 shoe.

I like the Vibram XS Grip 2 rubber that's on Genius and Drago. I've used it with Tenaya, which aren't exactly cheap but, quite a bit cheaper than those ($170 cheap for the Iati.)

Tom M · · EU, PL · Joined Sep 2014 · Points: 20

Weren't Scarpa's Drago like 200$/€ when they were supposed to be a limited run?

jmmlol · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Nov 2016 · Points: 0

Ed Hardy is making a shoe. Nice.

Ted Pinson · · Chicago, IL · Joined Jul 2014 · Points: 190
Nate Doyle wrote:

I forgot the Genius were that high. The Blancos are that expensive too? Crazy! Is that because they are the latest model? They look like almost every other 5.10 shoe.

I like the Vibram XS Grip 2 rubber that's on Genius and Drago. I've used it with Tenaya, which aren't exactly cheap but, quite a bit cheaper than those ($170 cheap for the Iati.)

5.10 has basically made a career out of making a million versions of the same shoe that climb completely differently.  The Blanco is much stiffer and more aggressive than the other Anasazis, and retains its stiffness.  As for why it's $200...you've got me there, but from all accounts, it is a very different shoe from the Pink or VCS.

Baba Fats · · Philadelphia, PA · Joined Aug 2016 · Points: 0

I tried the Narsha on at a shoe demo.  Granted, all of butora shoes are uncomfortable for me.  But these were excruciating.  That texture on the toe patch is also on the inside, so you nuckles rub up against that design too.

just a heads up if you have any issues with butora already

Sketty · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Sep 2016 · Points: 0

I also tried them on at a shoe demo and thought that they fit very similar to the five ten team shoe and/or blackwing but with a stiffer toe (probably comparable to a Miura VS or Katana Lace toe in terms of stiffness). Didn't have any hotspots that the above poster encountered. 

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply