WTB: Size 46.5/13 mountaineering/ice boot

FOR SALE/WANTED WARNING: Mountain Project cannot verify the identity or trustworthiness of any member. Fraud has happened.
  • Do not use PayPal "gift" payments, wire transfers, Western Union, etc.
  • Use PayPal credit card payments, or other systems that protect you from fraud.
Original Post
Alexander K · · The road · Joined Oct 2014 · Points: 130

Looking for a cheap pair of ~size 13 ice climbing/mountaineering boots. Single/double step-in compatible preferred but open to all options. 

Might be able to pick up somewhere between Sacramento and Portland on the way on up to the PNW but would probably have to ship.

Alex Temus · · Small Town, USA · Joined Jun 2016 · Points: 238

I have a pair of Koflach Degre boots that I used to use. They're great boots, but they were just a little too big for me (I wear size 11 street/running shoes). I found the exact same model last year, just a different size and have been using those today. 

Anyway, yeah they're great for mountaineering and ice climbing.The sole is Vibram and works well on alpine rock. They're warm enough for 14,000 feet, without requiring tons of sock layers and comfortable, I haven't had any rubbing or discomfort despite multi-day alpine trips and hours of kicking into frozen waterfalls.

These aren't the newest model, but the design is pretty close to the Koflachs you'll find today. There are plenty of scuffs on the outer plastic, but that's just cosmetic. Nothing is falling apart on them, they're in great shape and have a lot of life left! $90 plus shipping.

Alex Temus · · Small Town, USA · Joined Jun 2016 · Points: 238

Justin Skaare · · Boulder, CO · Joined Apr 2013 · Points: 90

I have a pair of nepal evos in good shape.  Though I suspect more 12.5 than 13.   Message me if you want em, I'll give you a good deal, as their gathering dust.  

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply