Mountain Project Logo

French Alps

Original Post
Paul Kiernan · · Chamonix, FR · Joined May 2017 · Points: 0

Moved to Europe and am intent on making a return to alpine climbing (all kinds) and steep skiing following a broken ankle and working in an office. I am flexible, but I tend to prefer weekend/long weekend trips via Geneva. Cheers!

Julia Pulwicki · · Calgary, CA · Joined Mar 2017 · Points: 0

Hey Paul, I'm also working in Europe (south of France), and also looking for adventure partners in the Alps this summer! Areas like Les Ecrins would be best for me for weekend trips since it's a reasonable drive from where I'm based, but Geneva could work too on a long weekend. I have 10+ years of mountaineering/skiing/climbing experience, and I'd be up for easy-moderate alpine rock routes, sport climbing/multipitch up to 6a (5.10b) or trad routes to 5.7 or 5.8. 

andy basabe · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Nov 2015 · Points: 35

Hi Paul,

I am riding my bike from Spain up to Chamonix this June/July, and am looking for climbing partners in the area.  If this post is still up I will contact you when I am closer.

-Andy  

Cissa Carvalho · · Chamonix · Joined Jun 2013 · Points: 325

Hey all! I'm living in Chamonix and have about half of every week off. Climb about TD on alpine, 5.12a sport and 5.11ish trad, tons of technical 6000ers in Peru and Nepal as well. I've got all gear, so if anyone is in the area and wants to climb send me a message. I should be here all summer.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Extended Trips and International Partners
Post a Reply to "French Alps"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started