WTB: Ice Axe for SIerra thru Hike

FOR SALE/WANTED WARNING: Mountain Project cannot verify the identity or trustworthiness of any member. Fraud has happened.
  • Do not use PayPal "gift" payments, wire transfers, Western Union, etc.
  • Use PayPal credit card payments, or other systems that protect you from fraud.
Original Post
Timothy Carlson · · Flagstaff, AZ · Joined Jul 2015 · Points: 0

Hey folks!

We're attempting a JMT thru hike this summer! We're very excited, but this past winter was extra snowy, meaning that many of the high passes are inundated with snow. This may necessitate a ice axe in the event that I need to self arrest. 

Anyone have a used ice axe they're willing to part with? I don't need anything fancy. Just something basic. Lighter would be better, but I'm not picky.

Message me and we can negotiate.

Thanks!

Timothy C.

luke Lydiard · · Mammoth Lakes, CA · Joined Jan 2011 · Points: 479

I have a Grivel Alp Wing for $45. You pay shipping and I'll cover PayPal. Axe is located in Mammoth Lakes, CA so maybe you could pick it up. 

SinRopa · · parts unknown · Joined Sep 2013 · Points: 15

If you're taking the I40 and passing through Barstow on the way up there I'll just lend you one for free.

Burcheydawwwwwwg · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jan 2012 · Points: 375

If you're passing through San Diego on the 15 or 5, and will brush lightly on the front of my trousers with the back of your hand, I've got one I'll give you plus $5-10 bonus depending on how much you resemble that lady voice guy from Moron 5 or whatever that group is called.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply