Looking for partners in Southern Sierra and LA area.

Original Post
Juan Vargas · · Bakersfield, CA · Joined Apr 2014 · Points: 451

Hello,

I'm currently living in Bakersfield and looking for partners to climb in any of these areas. Normally i have Sundays and Mondays off, but will definitely plan for longer trips. I have a full rack and am always itchy to get out. PM if interested.

Stacy Bloom · · Oakland, California · Joined Aug 2014 · Points: 15

Hi there, 

I'm going to climb in the Alabama Hills this weekend if you're interested.  I sport lead 5.9/10a. Will top rope 5-hard, haha. going to be up there with my friend Monica who climbs a bit harder than me and she's met another guy from the boards here that is going to meet us and he supposedly climbs really hard. She thought it might be a good idea for me to reach out to you so there could be four of us. We all have ropes and draws (and I have a rack).

Lemme know if you're interested and we can go from there.

~Stacy

Hi Stacy,

Thank you for reaching out. I already made plans and will be at the Needles this coming weekend so i won't be able to join, but would love to some other time if you are looking for a partner. I normally climb outside every weekend, trad, sport, bouldering and don't mind driving.

Juan

Chris Dunn 510 · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jun 2016 · Points: 0

Hi Stacy

check out oz if your up in that area and want to avoid crowds, best rock in the hills, and one of the only gear climbs worth doing in the hills. Enjoy the scenery, the east side looks amazing right now:)

Juan

I'll be in the needles region as well, so amped the season is finally here. Trying for the Emperor on Saturday at voodoo dome!!!

Chris,

Emperor looks sick. I'll most likely be on White Punks on Dope. It will be my first time going to the needles and, needless to say, i'm pretty psyched!

Ive done white punks 5 times, not super hard. But classic enough to go back. Fight for the wave pitch never disappoints.

Also, linking pitches two and three is easy with some extension in the first 40' or so. By climbing out side the chimney on the right side. Pro is sparse but never really exceeds 5.5-5.6. When you get to the tree cross the chimney go up another 25-30' and belay in a alcove. Doing it this was Wil save a little time. 

Hans Kegler · · Thousand Oaks · Joined Sep 2016 · Points: 190

Hello Chris. Hope you have a great time at the Needles. I'm looking to go back to the needles and else where but having the hardest time finding good partners. Have all new trad gear. I was looking at On thin Ice at the Needles or something else let me know what do you think and if you need a partner. Thank You... Hans

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply