Cannon / WG

Original Post
Mark P. · · Luzern, Schweiz · Joined May 2013 · Points: 281

Does anyone have an estimate on when Cannon will be good to climb this season, especially WG and MG?

Thanks for the help!

tuckercowles · · Franconia, nh · Joined Aug 2016 · Points: 0

I climbed WG last Saturday, and it was dry. I heard the first 4 or 5 pitches of Moby were dry as well, but I am willing to bet the upper pitches (everything above the finger) are wet and will remain wet for awhile. The weather has been shit all week and look to remain that way for the next week or so. All this being said tis' the season for frequent rock fall on cannon, climb with caution and have fun. 

june m · · elmore ,vt · Joined Jun 2011 · Points: 43

Just talked to some people who climbed wg yesterday. It needs about  a day to dry

beensandbagged · · R.I. · Joined Oct 2013 · Points: 10

Climbing on Cannon this time of year you might want to consider the weather and if everything that loosened up over the winter has had time to fall, it can be an active cliff.

Nick Goldsmith · · Pomfret VT · Joined Aug 2009 · Points: 440

WG dries fst but I prefer the give the cliff awhile to try and settle down after the winters freeze thaw cycle........

TCC · · Unknown Hometown · Joined May 2016 · Points: 50
Nick Goldsmith wrote:

WG dries fst but I prefer the give the cliff awhile to try and settle down after the winters freeze thaw cycle........

+1.  Depending on spring weather, I wait until later in May or even June to climb on Cannon.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply