Looking for climbing partner - El Potrero Chicco, Mexico late May/early June

Original Post
rika kotto · · Unknown Hometown · Joined May 2017 · Points: 0

Hi all

I'm moving to Texas and want to do a little climbing trip before I start work. I have gear and can lead climb/belay but I'm still working on getting my strength back up to snuff, so it'd be helpful to have a partner that can lead as well. I've never been to the area but it sounds wonderful. I speak fluent spanish, if that matters. In an ideal world, my climbing partner would travel with me from Texas, partially for safety and partially for logistics. I have all the needed gear for sport climbing and am happy to offer it up for use.

Let me know if you're interested!

cheers

Riikka

will ar · · San Antonio, TX · Joined Jan 2010 · Points: 250

Riikka,

It might be a little late in the season to climb at EPC, but try posting in the Austin Climbing FB page. It's a pretty active group with people always looking for partners. Where are you moving to in Texas?

rika kotto · · Unknown Hometown · Joined May 2017 · Points: 0

hey will, thanks! I'll definitely post in the Austin fb group. I move to Texas mid-late May but I don't start work til mid-June so I'm hoping to do either a backpacking trip through Mexico (with the first stop being EPC) or, if that doesn't work out, do a roadtrip to climb in western Texas and hike around New Mexico.

Late in the season for EPC how..? It'll be my first time heading there but any tips are hugely appreciated!

walmongr · · Gilbert AZ · Joined Aug 2015 · Points: 85

Average May temps are in the 90's 

will ar · · San Antonio, TX · Joined Jan 2010 · Points: 250
Riikka Koto wrote:

Late in the season for EPC how..? 

It's a popular climbing area in the winter because the summers are quite hot. I'm sure it can be somewhat reasonable if you can stay in the shade, but your options for climbs and times to climb might be limited. 

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply