Mountain Project Logo

D.C. Area climbers to New River

Original Post
Adam Password · · Timbuktu · Joined Mar 2015 · Points: 0

How's it going!? I'll be in the D.C. Metro area and have the 23-25 of May free to take a long day trip down to New River. Looking for anyone in the area that's interested in going along. Will drive and have plenty of gear. 

Have a good day! 

BrianWS · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2010 · Points: 790

Won't be in town during those dates, but good luck. Ask around one of the gyms in the area, and you might have better luck -- especially in terms of finding a partner that knows what they're doing. lots of newish climbers are in this region, many of whom inflate ability in terms of belay and skill set. 

Regardless, camp at Ray's Campground. Easy access to the new and meadow crags - 10 minutes to endless wall parking, 10 minutes to Meadow, and maybe 15 minutes to summersville. AAC is cool with lots of potential partners, but Ray's has good showers, free coffee in the mornings, and is run by some of the kindest folks you'll ever meet.

NCD · · Boulder, CO and anywhere I… · Joined Jan 2015 · Points: 70

Adam, I am in the DC area and could be interested.  Not sure what my schedule will be like yet but I'll send you a PM. I am driving out west the next week and the timing could work out to pass through the NRG. 

Also, for anyone else I was thinking about next week. The weather looks good and I will be out in WV already Monday/Tuesday.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply