Mountain Project Logo

New climber looking for partners....let's get outside!

Original Post
MyMichelle · · Frisco, CO · Joined Dec 2016 · Points: 0

Climbing friends,

I'm only a few months into this climbing thing, but absolutely loving it.  I've been climbing consistently in the gym since December and am top-roping 10s.  Wanting to get into leading soon, too.  I've only been climbing outside in Moab a few times and ready to give this Colorado rock a go.  Would love to have some safe, knowledgeable partners to climb with!  Take me under your wing, teach me a thing or three, and foster my enthusiasm further!  I live up in summit county but willing to drive 1-2 hours down to front range stuff (or wherever...).  Schedule is fairly flexible with Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, and some Saturdays off. Want to climb outside as much as I can.  I've got a rope, draws, lots of stoke, eager to learn, and I bartend at a German/Belgian bar so can provide tasty brews :)  Get in touch and let's climb!   

aikibujin · · Castle Rock, CO · Joined Oct 2014 · Points: 294

Welcome to climbing! What grade you climb isn't really that important. I think any potential partner will want to know this: do you know how to lead belay?

WadeM · · Golden, Co · Joined Apr 2010 · Points: 290

Always down for to meet you in Eldo.  Just hit me up!

Thanks for the welcome :)  Yes, that's an important question - and I can and have done lead belaying, although not a whole lot yet.  I understand about standing close to the wall/under the first bolt, paying out slack for clipping (working on getting better at this), giving a soft catch (I'm pretty light, so almost guaranteed), watching the climber for mistakes like backclipping, z clipping, rope behind foot.  I'm very attentive and focused when belaying.

On my last outing, I also learned cleaning the anchor and rappelled down myself.  Might want a refresher before doing it again, but hope to have this down soon :)

aikibujin · · Castle Rock, CO · Joined Oct 2014 · Points: 294

PM sent.

Chad Miller · · Grand Junction, CO · Joined Nov 2006 · Points: 150

Are you interested in sport, trad, or both? 

Definitely both...so much to learn!! Let's climb :)

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply