Southern Oregon volcano snow conditions

Original Post
ElGreco · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Mar 2012 · Points: 220

Hey guys,

Wondering how the snow is shaping up in southern Oregon. I am thinking of a McLoughlin/Bailey/Thielsen spring ski trip. Looks like the corn cycle has not begun in earnest yet with a couple of feet of new snow high up last week? When might be a good time to get on them this season for spring corn? I am conscious that they are in the southern part of the state and not the highest peaks.

Thanks in advance.

Bump for a conditions update...

Politically Correct Ball · · From WA to AZ · Joined Dec 2016 · Points: 0

You should hit Diamond

PCB, thanks. Are you mentioning Diamond because it's further north? I am trying to get a sense for the snowpack out there. Has the transition to spring conditions happened yet in that neck of the woods or is the heavy winter still hanging on? Looks like this week was the first hot spell with cooler weather to follow, so maybe we are looking at good corn conditions from next week?

One more bump for conditions, folks. Are we through the mushy phase yet or are we still unconsolidated? Thanks!

FoamFinger _______ · · Rad Town, Not set (USA) · Joined Jan 2013 · Points: 0

The whole of the Oregon Cascades is looking at Warm temps this week followed by (potentially heavy) Rain this weekend.  Prime conditions for Wet Slab releases.  Caveat Emptor.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply