Mountain Project Logo

SD and Devil's Tower

Original Post
Peter Nocka · · South Lake Tahoe, CA · Joined Mar 2017 · Points: 140

I'll be driving through South Dakota alone in May and looking for partners to climb with. I've never climbed out there but I hear great things about Custer, the Needles, Rushmore etc. Most of my experience outdoors is sport climbing but I'm stoked to do some trad and learn more. I lead 5.11 on sport, 5.7 or so on trad. Would love to climb Devils tower if anyone needs a partner May 10-14.

Reach me at 978-761-1563 

Steve Pulver · · Williston, ND · Joined Dec 2003 · Points: 460

I'll be looking to sport climb that weekend in Spearfish if you're interested.

Mike Kubes · · Fort Collins · Joined May 2014 · Points: 191

I'll be in the Black Hills 5/16 - 19. I'll be solo and looking to climb the tower the 20th - 22 if you're in the area.  

Peter Nocka · · South Lake Tahoe, CA · Joined Mar 2017 · Points: 140

I'm hoping to drive down to Colorado by the 14th. Could climb spearfish on the 13th at the latest, but earlier that week would be even better. I wish I could stay longer!

Spencer BB · · Pasadena, CA · Joined Dec 2013 · Points: 23

Peter,

Any chance you would get to Wyoming a few days earlier? I'm going to be driving through the area this weekend and would love to stop for a day or two to climb.

Thomas Carson · · Jackson, WY · Joined Oct 2013 · Points: 91

Mike, I may be at the tower around the time you're there, if you're interested in climbing. I'm working on my travel plans now, but that's right around when I would be passing through on the way to the Tetons.

Spencer BB · · Pasadena, CA · Joined Dec 2013 · Points: 23

Hey - not sure how your travel plans are developing but if either of you are interested in climbing on devil's tower tomorrow or Tuesday, hit me up. I just rolled in and am going to stay for a day or two.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Wyoming, Montana, & Dakotas Partners
Post a Reply to "SD and Devil's Tower"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started