Looking for climbing partners!

Original Post
Rayna McGinnis Mason · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Aug 2015 · Points: 10

Hey Everyone! 

My husband and I are looking to expand our climbing crew. We moved to Denver a few years ago and it seems most of the people we use to climb with don't really get out much anymore or do their own thing. We'd like to find a few other couples and our people that have a regular climbing partner to get out with, as we enjoy the social aspect of climbing as well as the climbing itself. Ideally these are people that get out regularly, and not just a few times a year. :) 

We try to climb 2-3 weekends each month throughout the year, and often take weekend trips to Utah, Nevada, Wyoming and SD. We climb both trad and sport, and my husband leads up to 12b or so on sport, hard 10s/easy 11s on trad. I'm more of a toprope tough guy (I have some anxiety with leading that I've been working through over the last ten years, haha) but can lead up to about 5.9. I can second most of what he puts up, but enjoy climbing hard 10s and easy 11s the most. 

My husband is a computer software engineer, and I'm an elopement photographer. We're both in our 30s, safety conscious and are finishing up our WFRs this week. We don't like to party heavily at camp, but do enjoy a drink or two post climbing. Also, we have an adorable dog (she often joins us). 

Matt Shepard · · Broomfield, CO · Joined Jul 2006 · Points: 90

I've gotten out with Christian before let me know if you want to get out again I'm always climbing 

Eric195 · · Golden, CO · Joined Aug 2016 · Points: 0

You sound like you'd fit in perfectly with my fiancee, myself and my climbing partner. We usually get out every weekend to climb, sport to 12's and trad to 11's. Love to go camping with small groups (not into the party scene either) to just have a good time and put up climbs for everyone. My girl leads 5.9's and trs to 10s so I'm usually rope gun. PM me if you're interested in having just a fun crag day. - Eric

Corey McD · · Lakewood, CO · Joined Jan 2015 · Points: 0

My wife and I might be a good fit here. Looks like you climb a little harder then us but we are in the range. I lead 5.10s she follows but has also just started leading 5.7s. We like to be out when ever the weather allows for it.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply