Sonora Pass 108 conditions

Original Post
Nate Doyle · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Feb 2016 · Points: 0

How's it looking up there?

G-Raw · · Berkeley, CA · Joined Jan 2013 · Points: 6

Open to kennedy... can't speak for much else

Tucker Watson · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Aug 2013 · Points: 0

Probably looks good under the 30' of snow sitting on top of it all. 

To be more specific, I'm wondering about Burst, Herring and Middle Highway areas.
King Tut · · Citrus Heights · Joined Aug 2012 · Points: 200

Road is closed due to snow. 

You have heard of snow, right?

:P

splitclimber · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jan 2007 · Points: 5

Mid highway crags may be accessible but probably have snow. No way for burst or herring.

I was up 88 about 6000' and there were patches of snow (6500+ had quite a bit, however.) Mid Hwy is about that elevation as well, so that makes sense. I was remembering Herring and Burst being lower in elevation but, I've since read otherwise in the guidebook.

Thanks!

patdeli · · merced, CA · Joined May 2015 · Points: 0

Taken from bear valley ski resort 3 days ago. Looks to be under snow. I drove up the 108 there's some crags next to the highway that are good to climb but roads are still closed 

Thanks, Patdeli. 

Yeah, I was snowshoeing up behind Cabbage Patch myself two weeks ago. I know the roads are still closed (and that there's snow up there.) 

Maybe I should have been more clear with the title and description?

patdeli · · merced, CA · Joined May 2015 · Points: 0
  1. hah I guess yea you asked how it's looking and have gotten answers and pics that didn't answer your question.  There is climbable crags all the way up to the closure, depends if you wanna hike or not.  Just go for it you'll find plenty to climb if your familiar with the area 
Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply