Mountain Project Logo

New to Reno, looking for a climbing partner to explore the local crags

Original Post
Zach Heuscher · · Reno, NV · Joined Jun 2007 · Points: 25

Recently moved to Reno for work and I'm looking for people to climb with at nearby crags. I like sport up to easy 5.10s. I have a full rack and want to climb in the Tahoe area as well.  

Jsanders195 Sanders · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Oct 2012 · Points: 10

Hi Zach if ur able to climb 5/10 mid week I'll be in the area. There is possibility I'll be there longer still up in the air. I've climbed lovers leap but would be down for stuff close to Reno or truckee. Thanks Jennifer 

Ancent · · Reno, NV · Joined Apr 2015 · Points: 42

I live in Reno and am always looking for someone to climb with, trad or sport. North Tahoe is still snowy (donner etc), but went down to Sugarloaf last weekend. River Rock is great right now too, but there's only so much there. I'm booked this weekend, but let me know if you want to get out sometime. I also climb at Rocksport semi regularly. 

Zach Heuscher · · Reno, NV · Joined Jun 2007 · Points: 25

Sure, I notify you about any future trips.  Where is River Rock?

Ancent · · Reno, NV · Joined Apr 2015 · Points: 42

https://www.mountainproject.com/v/river-rock/106316311

Ten/fifteen minutes west of town on 80. Great for after work sessions with the longer daylight hours or half days on weekends. There are good 5.7-5.10a trad climbs (one line at each grade) and top ropable stuff in between. There's also some harder lead lines if you're up for it. It's the most crowded this time of year (as in, maybe a couple other parties) as the weather is good enough to get outside, but snow hasn't melted to distribute folks up in the Tahoe area.

Christina Vaughn · · Truckee, CA · Joined Oct 2016 · Points: 55

Hey Zach! I live in Truckee and always up for climbing. We're all covered is snow (obviously) but there are some good areas in and around the area that are beginning to reveal some access. I'm also big on traveling around for climbing too. Love getting out to Bishop and Mammoth which are not to far from Reno for an easy weekend jaunt. I know of a couple people in Reno who I'll be climbing with this year as well. Message me and lets get connected! 

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply