Mountain Project Logo

Family climbing at city of rocks- may 21-28 edit

Original Post
hanshan · · Canada Mofuga · Joined Feb 2008 · Points: 230

Hi. We are a Canadian family travelling to city of rocks the first week of May. Been there a few times and love the place and the climbing.

We have a 3yr old and an infant but will be trying to get a few pitches in each day. 

Anybody else with kids want to meet up and climb? Or maybe you don't have kids but like them? Or if you don't like kids try to take it easy when our crying kids ruin your redpoint;)

Ps I know there's a partner forum but couldn't find Idaho in it. If you know how to move this please do

Ian Lauer · · Yakima, WA · Joined Jan 2014 · Points: 15

Will you stay for more than a day? I have a workshop to teach in Boise on the 11th, but the wife, our 4yr old daughter, and I will be there the 7th-9th. 

Logan Schiff · · Brooklyn, NY · Joined Jun 2012 · Points: 60

You can actually get a few pitches in with a 3 yr old and an infant?!?

Justin Lee · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Nov 2016 · Points: 0

We'll be going to the CoR the first weekend of May and bringing our 3 year old daughter. We're in camp 17 i think.  Swing by and say hi. 

Erika0037 · · Unknown Hometown · Joined May 2015 · Points: 0

I don't have kids but I have a dog, does that count?! Travelling from Canada too! Anyway me and the pup are rolling in to COR in the next day or two and will be looking to climb! 

Ian Lauer · · Yakima, WA · Joined Jan 2014 · Points: 15

We will be staying with a large group of friends around the southwest of Breadloaves formation on Monday and Tuesday. If you need a partner, swing by. There will be plenty to share

hanshan · · Canada Mofuga · Joined Feb 2008 · Points: 230

Thanks for the replies all. Turns out we are going straight to devils tower then heading to cor for the 20-28. The same applies then if anyone is interested!

alpinerocket Pettijohn · · Salt Lake, Ut · Joined Dec 2008 · Points: 60

I'll be up there May 21-27. Spot 37. There is a great slab you can set a TR up for your kid just to the left of Practice Rock. 

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Northern Utah & Idaho
Post a Reply to "Family climbing at city of rocks- may 21-28 edit"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started