Partners for NC/ Western VA

Original Post
Jason Axt · · Unknown Hometown · Joined May 2014 · Points: 0

Looking for weekend warrior partners: trad or sport climbing in the NC or Virginia area. From Califronia on temp assignment for work, currently living in Clarksville, Va and traveling to crags looking for partners. Willing to travel 2-4 hrs for weekend trips. Have own gear including rack. Climb up to 11a sport/ 10b trad, follow similar +. More comfortable in 5.8 - 5.10 range. 

Waylon Griffith · · Banner Elk · Joined Feb 2017 · Points: 20

I'd be glad to climb w you in the Boone bouldering area - Linville Gorge area. Tons of good climbing in the areas contained between the 2.  Sport, trad, and world class bouldering 

Annie Ashenfelter · · Wilmington, NC · Joined Apr 2017 · Points: 125

I have farther to travel, but definitely interested in these areas.  I have primarily done top rope and starting to follow sport.  Teachable and willing to learn!

Annie any time you can make the trip I can definitely at least find you a partner to show you new areas up here if im not available the specific days.

Julius Grisette · · Carbondale · Joined Jul 2015 · Points: 5

What true sport climbing is in the gorge? My partner and I are going to be in the area june 7th-14th and are looking for some sport climbing or bouldering as a back up. 

There are limited sport routes in the gorge sprinkled in amongst the loads of trad routes. There are a few sport crags in areas close to the gorge. The dump and little Wilson are two that are really easy to get to. I just climbed at the dump today! The bouldering is out of this world on highway 221 between linville and blowing rock

Trip to Red River Gorge cancelled this weekend on account of rain.  Looks like western NC and possibly western VA may be dry at least Sunday.  Any takers for this weekend?

Walter Edly · · Thomasville NC · Joined Apr 2013 · Points: 10

There's some sport in the underworld on the west side across from the amphitheater 

I'm going to be out of town all weekend but I may be able to line you up with a girl partner to hit table rock with let me know if you want me to and I'll hook y'all up

Yes please, I will PM

Rick Carpenter · · Kenai, AK · Joined Aug 2010 · Points: 1,020
Waylon Griffith wrote:

There are limited sport routes in the gorge sprinkled in amongst the loads of trad routes. There are a few sport crags in areas close to the gorge. The dump and little Wilson are two that are really easy to get to. I just climbed at the dump today! The bouldering is out of this world on highway 221 between linville and blowing rock

There is true sport climbing along the rim of the linville gorge, quiet a lot actually. 

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply