Mountain Project Logo

Traveling to Germany May 23-29 and looking for climbing buddies and beta

Original Post
Jack Lusk · · Tucson, AZ · Joined Dec 2015 · Points: 5

I'm flying into Amsterdam May 19th and going through Germany through Cologne, Frankfurt, Nuremburg roughly May 23-29.  

Anyone live in any of these areas willing to partner? I am still in the planning stage so I am flexible in where I go.  Primary mode of transportation will be train but I will consider renting a car to get to harder to reach places.

About me: 25 year old American with 2 years climbing experience.  Can climb most 5.10s trad and multi-pitch.  I will probably only bring sport gear however I will consider bringing extra gear if I have to.  I would like to get someone about the same skill level but I am open to trading belaying with any level.  

Also looking for tips on places to climb.  I saw Obertrubach was on the list which is convenient because I am going to Vilsick to visit a friend in the army.  Also is mountainproject the main online community for German climbers?  I had great success with UKClimber when visiting UK. Do they have an equivalent to MP that I should also post to, so I can more response?

crystal InGermany · · Unknown Hometown · Joined May 2017 · Points: 0

I'm close to Nuremberg and always looking for climbing buddies. (Canadian doing her master's here) Don't have a car which is a shame as it's the easiest way to get to the Fraenkenjura-climb sport 5.10s and some 11s, Used to Trad lead 5.9, but haven't in over a year- would have to get back into it and only have a baby rack. Anyway-would be happy to meet up. Let me know and we can exchange contact info.

Jay LePere · · Unknown Hometown · Joined May 2016 · Points: 0

Hey Jack, I'll be in the Nuremburg area on the 20th and 21st. How would that work for you?

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

International
Post a Reply to "Traveling to Germany May 23-29 and looking for…"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started