Mountain Project Logo

partners in Italy

Original Post
Nathalie Ann · · ancona, italy · Joined Apr 2017 · Points: 0

I live in the Marches Region in Italy, I travel to different Crags almost anywhere in Italy, but mostly the center.

If you're down to go sport climbing, I can  lead a 5b and I can follow 5c ( French Grades), (5.8-5.10) 

marjanb · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jun 2015 · Points: 10

Hi Nathalie,

I'm interested for climbing in Arco (north to Verona) in May or June.

I've sent you a PM as well.

We went there a few months ago, if we go soon I'll keep u posted. This weekend we're going to frosolone or sperlonga depending on the weather

Erik H · · New York, NY · Joined Mar 2016 · Points: 0

Hey Nathalie! I'm from the U.S. and will be flying into either Florence or Milan (haven't decided yet) on June 20th. I'm looking for someone or a group to climb with June 21st, 22nd and 23rd. Interested in climbing anywhere cool! I can lead 5.10's. Let me know if you would be down, or if you know others who are!

Hi Erik!

Nice! I'll pass the message around. keep me posted!

Erik, 

where are you from in the US? I'm from there too   

Emily Cole · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jun 2016 · Points: 0

Hi Nathalie, I am living in Trieste until July and I have been climbing around Trieste but would love to see more climbing areas around Italy. I have a good crew in Trieste and we climb in Slovenia and at local crags if you are interested in joining! Also, I would love to maybe meet somewhere else in Italy to climb. I can lead 6a/c and follow 7a.   

Hey Emily,

Great!!I'd love to go up that way soon, we have a long weekend June 2nd so maybe then but I'm not certain yet.  However, if you come down here , we'll take you to a couple places around us!

Emily Cole · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jun 2016 · Points: 0

Okay, I will be free that weekend and could meet you! I could also come down to your region as well. Also, I would love to plan a trip to Croatia if you or anyone is interested in that. I do not have my own rope, just some draws and a harness. 

ok, confirmed- next weekend saturday the 20th we are going camping (actually I'm cheating- we're staying in a bungalow) in Umbria. saturday night. we should go climbing around places on the way to the campsite.

This weekend, we are going to some local places around here, (there's lots of places to go) .  You're welcome to join!

on June 2nd we are thinking about  going climbing in roccamorice,  there's a  campsite- kokopelli camping in serramonesca. 4 If you don't have your own tent, they will give you everything, but this I have to confirm.

we have everything for climbing, so no problem

Nick Votto · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2008 · Points: 320

Hey Nathalie, 

I'm in Umbria and Marche usually a couple times a year (usually in Civitanova a bit and always around Foligno/Montefalco).  Would be psyched to get familiar with the crags around the Sibillini if you're interested!  I may be there as soon as June, if not I'll keep you posted. 

Grazie, 

Nick 

Hi Nick,

Great! we're going to gelagna this saturday as we're staying in a camping spot in preci. I was also looking for some crags in sibillini too as I would like to climb both days, but I really haven't found anything, do you know of any? Anyway, you're welcome to join, keep me posted!

Tenaya Hurst · · San Jose, CA · Joined Jan 2017 · Points: 198

Hello ladies!

I am late to the game!  I have been living in Como for months and cannot find ANYONE to climb with, so I am upping my efforts even more because I have been climbing for 30 years in California and yet in Italy, I am a total rookie.  If you are going on any expeditions coming up in end of May, June, July, this is WHY I moved to Italy.  Cheers!!!!

Hi Tenaya,

We're going to abruzzo on the 2nd of June. I've just sent you a message!

Asma Hasan · · Chicago, IL · Joined May 2017 · Points: 0

Hi everyone! I am flying in to Barcelona May 22nd and will be in Udine May 30th. I have a gap from about May 25-30, and would like to do some climbing. I am an experienced sport climber, usually climbing 5.10s outdoors, and I have gear. Is anyone interested in meeting up and climbing?

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply