Access for disabled, Half Dome, Trailrider, Volunteers wanted!

Original Post
Colin Quinn-Briggs · Apr 18, 2017 · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2017 · Points: 0

Greetings, I have been working on this project for about 7 months. I have hiked Half Dome many times. I am organizing a trip for May 20th. The goal is to get somebody in a wheelchair to the summit of Half Dome. I have spoken to the NPS, rock climbers, and many more people. I am looking for volunteer sherpas with rock climbing experience, as well as somebody with a Trailrider wheelchair that wants to go. For more information watch the videos below. Cheers!

&t=10s

Colin Quinn-Briggs · Apr 21, 2017 · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2017 · Points: 0

Good news-the rock climbing equipment and Trailrider wheelchair have been donated. All we need now is volunteer sherpas with rock climbing experience!

Bob Vogel · 4 days ago · Unknown Hometown · Joined 12 hours ago · Points: 0

Hi Collin,

Please email me when you have a date set to take a wheelchair user to the top of Half Dome.  I write for New Mobility magazine and I will be very

interested in the story and as many photos as possible, especially photos of the cable section and summit.

Sincerely,

Bob Vogel

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply