Colorado car

Original Post
Raul P · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Feb 2013 · Points: 35

Howdy - moving to the front range in a few weeks. How many crags are sedan accessible? I imagine if I really wanted to I could convince myself to purchase a new 4x4.... 

basicaly, will a sedan get me to most of the climbing areas? Or will I be quickly disappointed without clearance/4wd.... 

Todd Bruns · · Golden , Colorado · Joined Sep 2014 · Points: 0

U can climb till your hearts content driving a sedan to the crags. 

Chad Miller · · Grand Junction, CO · Joined Nov 2006 · Points: 150

I drive a Toyota Yaris and can get to almost any crag in Colorado. There have been maybe three areas I couldn't get to and most of them where for canyoneering. 

Mike Slavens · · Houston, TX · Joined Jan 2009 · Points: 35

The only time I think you'll miss 4WD is getting over Vail pass for early spring Indian Creek trips.

Raul P · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Feb 2013 · Points: 35

Great, thanks everyone. Maybe I'll get a rock crawler toy later on but will stick with the trusty Altima for now. 

La Momoface · · Arvada, CO · Joined Apr 2008 · Points: 60

I'm happy 95% of the time with my Impreza, but getting to some places in the Creek and in Vedauwoo is tough or impossible. 

Jeremy Kasmann · · Denver, CO · Joined Nov 2007 · Points: 0

But a lifted 4runner has so much steeze when parked on I-70...

Parker Wrozek · · Denver, CO · Joined Mar 2012 · Points: 83
Mike Slavens wrote:

The only time I think you'll miss 4WD is getting over Vail pass for early spring Indian Creek trips.

Just put on the snow tires and you are good to go. Or at least in way better shape than all the other FWD and most of the 4FW/AWD without them. 

Alexander K · · The road · Joined Oct 2014 · Points: 130
Parker Wrozek wrote:

Just put on the snow tires and you are good to go. Or at least in way better shape than all the other FWD and most of the 4FW/AWD without them. 

So true, my FWD minivan was awesome on I-70, in RMNP and in Eldo this winter once I put on some mud/snow tires. I was in a friend's Forester that got into an unfortunate accident without them. Being able to stop is always the most important quality in a car.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply