FS: 1992 Volvo 940 GL (sorta non-functional)

FOR SALE/WANTED WARNING: Mountain Project cannot verify the identity or trustworthiness of any member. Fraud has happened.
  • Do not use PayPal "gift" payments, wire transfers, Western Union, etc.
  • Use PayPal credit card payments, or other systems that protect you from fraud.
Original Post
Ben Rachunok · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jun 2016 · Points: 5

For Sale: 1992 Volvo 940 GL (140k miles)

The Good

• Cosmetically, 9/10. I've never seen a 25 year old car in such good shape.
  • Most of the mechanics are in great shape and a ton of stuff has been recently replaced. New battery, solid tires, new spark plugs and wires, recently replaced timing belt, new air filter (all in the last year). 
  • Full size spare tire

The Bad

• It doesn't exactly work. In fact I would be clear calling it non-functional. There is something up with the ignition system and I just can't diagnose it. If I sacrifice a goat under the right moon phase I can drive it a few miles but generally it's not a working car.
  • The timing belt blew on the highway so I have suspicions it has bad compression.
  • I've seen some oil in the coolent ( indication there might be a blown head gasket).
  • Soooo it probably needs to be towed if you want it.

Long story short, if I were gonna keep it I would probably replace the entire engine (with an LS or something huge) and make a dope sleeper car. I can't reiterate enough that everything but the engine is in awesome shape.

$1000 bucks, or trade for a moped or trad rack. Car located in Lafayette, Indiana

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply