metolius offset master cams

Original Post
Joe Trabucco · · Wheat Ridge, CO · Joined Feb 2017 · Points: 0

From my understanding, these have been discontinued until the UL's replace them in the near future. Any news on when?

Also, does anyone have a size chart for these offset cams?  I can't find one on metolius' website.

Thanks

Ryan Hamilton · · Orem · Joined Aug 2011 · Points: 20

Later this Summer is my understanding, June-ish. Just Google Cam Size Chart, and you'll get lots of different charts. 

Can't find anything on the master cam offset size range.   Show me if you can find it?

I don't think anyone shows the offsets, but if you look at the size of the standard sizes then you'll know the size of the big and small lobes. The way the charts are set up you can really just read them that way you'll see where the smaller lobe starts and ends and where the bigger lobe starts and ends. 

I just realized that maybe you're asking for what sizes the offsets come in. Well, that may change with the new models since they changed the UL design and they can handle larger sizes, but it seems like the biggest is the Black #5 and goes down to the Gray #00.

Never thought about it like that.  Makes sense.   Thank you.  

If you're familiar with those offsets, which sizes do you find most useful?

Probably #4/3 - #1/0, but I use them a lot for aiding an end up using all of them pretty regularly. I've placed that little 0/00 more times than I'd like. 

Pete Spri · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jun 2009 · Points: 170

the sizes should be identical to the offset tcu size range.on Metolius web site. http://www.metoliusclimbing.com/offset_tcu.html

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply