Mountain Project Logo

South Platte partner for April 22-23(turkey rocks or wig wam)

Original Post
mike c · · golden · Joined Jan 2006 · Points: 1,015

I would love to find a partner to climb and camp in the splatte. April 22-23. I like big crack and I cannot lie! I have plenty of gear. All levels welcome.......I have no agenda other than climb ,camp , have fun,etc.Hmu!!

Joe Trabucco · · Wheat Ridge, CO · Joined Feb 2017 · Points: 0

keep in touch with me.  I love cracks as well. joe, 410-200-1866

highaltitudeflatulentexpulsion · · Colorado · Joined Oct 2012 · Points: 35

Mike, lets go to Capulin Canyon. It's basically Indian Creek without the people. Drive to Pueblo and I'll drive the rest of the way. 

mike c · · golden · Joined Jan 2006 · Points: 1,015

Thank flatulator but I am looking to stay within 2 hrs of golden

Anthony · · Northern CO · Joined Apr 2014 · Points: 0

Hi Mike,

I may be interested. Coming from fort Collins but i don't have the appropriate vehicle to get me to the TH for turkey. Could drive and meet you at the pull off, or we could work something else out. Got gear, experience and plenty of psyche.

highaltitudeflatulentexpulsion · · Colorado · Joined Oct 2012 · Points: 35
Anthony O wrote:

Hi Mike,

I may be interested. Coming from fort Collins but i don't have the appropriate vehicle to get me to the TH for turkey. Could drive and meet you at the pull off, or we could work something else out. Got gear, experience and plenty of psyche.

Not to hijack Mikey's thread but unless you've got a lowrider or a bunch of fast and furious ground effects, your vehicle will make it there.

BTW, I've climbed with Mike in the past. I'll vouch for him as a solid partner. Go there and have fun.

Anthony · · Northern CO · Joined Apr 2014 · Points: 0
highaltitudeflatulentexpulsion wrote:

I wouldn't call it a lowrider but I drive a honda civic with MAYBE 5" of ground clearance. I drove down there last fall and didn't feel confident much past the pull off. Did they regrade the road since september?

Daniele Nicolodi · · Boulder, Co · Joined Nov 2016 · Points: 5

Hi Mike,

I would be interested in joining you, but I have close to zero experience in crack climbing. Are you interested in teaching me a bit?

Cheers,
Dan

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply