First Alaska Expedition

Original Post
colten moore · · Marquette, MI · Joined Mar 2015 · Points: 0

Hello all! 

Sparing all the details, my partner and I are headed to the Alaska range in a few weeks.  I feel very dialed with logistics/gear list etc...but just reaching out to see if you guys had any random beta.  Obscure things you wish you had on the glacier?  Random items you wouldn't normally think of that came in handy?  Extra of anything specific?  Thanks!  

Andy Novak · · Golden, Co · Joined Aug 2007 · Points: 5

A sponge for drying up wetness inside the tent, and 3x the amount you'd think you need of batteries, booze, weed and cigarettes. 

Chris Walden · · Soldotna, Alaska · Joined Aug 2014 · Points: 545
Andy Novak wrote:

A sponge for drying up wetness inside the tent, and 3x the amount you'd think you need of batteries, booze, weed and cigarettes. 

#1 6x the amount of TP.  

#2 An alcohol based hand sanitizer and use it, all the time.  Nothing will shut down a trip faster then Dysentery. 

#3 Cypro/Flagyl in case you ignore #2

clint helander · · anchorage, alaska · Joined Dec 2007 · Points: 438

multiple stoves, good stove board, dipping cup for water transfer, real food (i fly in with several dozen eggs frozen in the shells, put them in water for a few minutes and peel the shells off...just like home!), some kind of kitchen tent (mega mid or similar)

make sure you bury your duffle bags (or at least turn them upside down) when you leave. The ravens WILL get into your bags. They can open (and close) North Face duffle zippers with ease. They will eat your food, spread out your gear and shit all over everything. 

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply