Mountain Project Logo

Looking for a room/roommates in Boulder

Original Post
tooTALLtim · · Boulder, CO · Joined Apr 2007 · Points: 1,200

Hiya!

I'm looking to rent a room in a house with other roommates starting May 1st or the last weekend in April. I'm happy to join a house with people, or band together with other room seekers to rent out a house together.

My basic stats:

-Male, 33, atheist, liberal

-omnivore (celiac, but I worked in a bakery, so their cooking won't affect me)

-extrovert (most of the time)

-non-smoker (of anything), though I partake of edibles on the rare occasion

-rarely drinks alcohol

-no pets, but pet-friendly (no allergies, lived with several dogs in the past)

-moved to Boulder from Chicagoland 10 years ago because MOUNTAINS

-respectful of shared spaces by not leaving my stuff there for long

-hasn’t owned a car since 2006

Work:

Let's face it, one facet of a good roommate is that they have a steady income; otherwise, they won't be a roommate for long. I've worked at Head Rush Technologies in Boulder for three years as of May! I love it there, and have been working in the Engineering the department for a year and a half now. Despite having a Geology degree, they let me make stuff, break stuff, write stuff, and jump off of stuff all the time.

Life obsessions:

I didn't feel accurate calling climbing a “hobby” or “interest”; I'd call it an out-of-control, five-alarm, burning passion. Other than that, I enjoy: hosting game and dinner nights with friends, Acro Yoga, playing the piano (very occasionally), and playing video games. But climbing takes up most of my free time.

What I'm looking for:

A place that is inhabited by adults who: clean up after themselves, keep it quiet after 11pm-ish (unless we’re all rocking out), can talk about things that bother them in a civil manner, enjoy hanging with friendly roommates when the mood strikes, and are generally happy!

I’m out of my current place April 30th, and would love to move in a day or two before that.

Thanks for reading!

Tim

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply