Bug: Notification won't go away.

Original Post
Tradiban · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2004 · Points: 11,175

I've got a notification from someone commenting on a route I posted that won't clear after I look at it. Notifications from forum topics clear fine.

J. Albers · · Colorado · Joined Jul 2008 · Points: 1,793

Yup, me too

Nick Wilder · · The Bubble · Joined Jan 2005 · Points: 2,304

Thanks, I've fixed this.

diepj · · PDX · Joined Apr 2014 · Points: 0

I am having an issue on mobile with the notifications icon. When I tap it another thing pops up to label the main icon as "notifications". Then I have to hit it again to see the notifications. Do we really need the hint mode or maybe can it just do that the first time but not always?

Nick Wilder · · The Bubble · Joined Jan 2005 · Points: 2,304
diepj wrote:

I am having an issue on mobile with the notifications icon. When I tap it another thing pops up to label the main icon as "notifications". Then I have to hit it again to see the notifications. Do we really need the hint mode or maybe can it just do that the first time but not always?

I didn't think a tooltip ("hint") would require two taps... but in any case, I'm pulling that off just in case.  Hope that fixes it.

diepj · · PDX · Joined Apr 2014 · Points: 0

Thanks! Works perfectly now!

Allen Sanderson · · Oootah · Joined Jul 2007 · Points: 1,135

FWIW, I had four notifications. I checked them all they are still there but showing as "read". They should just go away.

That said all of the notifications were from "Notify on site" being checked by default. They should not be defaulted to checked. I.e. the user should op in. They get defaulted to checked once one posts something. 

Old lady H · · Boise, Idaho · Joined Aug 2015 · Points: 265

I keep getting a  404 message if I click on a particular one of the threads I've been following. I think it has a deleted comment it keeps trying to notify me about, and that same user keeps coming up, even without a fresh post from them.

Looking good, thanks for the huge amount of work, Nick!

caughtinside · · Oakland CA · Joined Nov 2006 · Points: 1,470
Old lady H wrote:

I keep getting a  404 message if I click on a particular one of the threads I've been following. I think it has a deleted comment it keeps trying to notify me about, and that same user keeps coming up, even without a fresh post from them.

Looking good, thanks for the huge amount of work, Nick!

Same

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply