(NRG) Summersville Lake water levels?

Original Post
Matthew Massey · · Beckley, WV · Joined Oct 2016 · Points: 5

Hello all, NRG local here. Haven't been to the lake in about a month or so, how's the water level looking right now? Still climbing going on at Whippoorwill and the like right now or is the water too high already? Thanks!

Mark Paulson · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Sep 2010 · Points: 40

According to the Williams guide, Whippoorwill (in addition to Long Point and Pirate's Cove) are dry if the lake level is below 1600 feet.  The current lake level is listed at this website:

http://www.lrh-wc.usace.army.mil/wm/?basin/kan/sug

As of right now, it has lake levels at 1633', so I'd say you're gonna have to wait until October rolls around.

cwright86 · · pittsburgh, PA · Joined Oct 2016 · Points: 0

Off topic.. but is the AAC open? Won't let you book online till next week, but sometimes I know you can just show up and pay? 

NCD · · NoVA · Joined Jan 2015 · Points: 25
cwright86 wrote:

Off topic.. but is the AAC open? Won't let you book online till next week, but sometimes I know you can just show up and pay? 

Yes, fully opened now I think. They have been doing primitive reduced rate camping but they even opened up the shower house a few weeks ago when I went through there. I'll be around this Monday-Friday!

Matthew Massey · · Beckley, WV · Joined Oct 2016 · Points: 5

Update: Went to Whippoorwill today and sure enough Mark Paulson was absolutely right- water was way too high! Bummer!

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply